The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

A phone call to the local a and e should sort that out mate better safe than sorry

1 Like

If I get it in Brandon, I’ll find you and cut your throat

Ffs you’re bound to have caught far worse than the kahuna virus

:laughing:

I won’t be going now chief. I’m self isolating now. Enjoy Brandon it’s one place bar cheltenham I’m truly happy I reckon. So beautiful. You’d like inch too a bit away though.

1 Like

I’m going to bed.
I’m not going to lie I’m wore thin.

You seem half sensible. Is this thing as bad as cholesterol, asbestos or hamburger brain syndrome?

I’m off too
 Hopefully I wake.

3 Likes

If you’re old, know anybody old or you’re sick or know anybody sick do your very very best not to get it and if you don’t know anybody old or sick, do you’re very very best not to get it

Stay safe mate

1 Like

Thanks lads good night.

1 Like

Alright I take that back. I thought you meant a mate in Cheltenham but this is a little different.

There is no right answer to this. Whether China are doing the right thing, south Korea doing the right thing, or the UK the right thing is up for discussion and debate. Only 8,000 cases confirmed in Korea where they are doing most testing, that’s less than 0.02% of the population, or 99.98% that have no immunity and are waiting to be infected. Say you identified every person in Ireland with the virus, and it’s a relatively easy country to contain it in given its a small island with a small population, and locked them up for a year, it’s not going to make the virus go away. Remember it started with one individual so one more infected individual starts a new pandemic. The second wave is always worse, as people are withered from the first efforts at containment and far more get infected.

It’s a really tough one. A lot of the heat around the debate is based on politics, people that know nothing about the science but hate who’s in government or whatever. The only hope we have is to contain the exponential phase as best we can, but if we want to ultimately defeat it we have to trust the scientists. They might disagree and loudly debate, but they will ultimately propose the right approach. Whether politicians listen or follow their advise is another question.

5 Likes

Think about it another way.

If they were out last week and contracted it, and were in Cheltenham all week spreading it and 50k come back from cheltenham this week.

If theres a vaccine the uk are going to look very silly

It’s probably just a cold. Although the fever part is worrying. Make yourself a stiff hot toddy and drink it in bed. You’ll be grand in the morning.

yeah - like 98% of the people impacted at worst you’ll have a mild cold for a day or two

Anyone else feel this whole coronavirus bullshit kinda makes a man realise our bodies are all just a big vulnerable ball of biological matter waiting to get fucked over by a nastier novel biological motherfuckering microscopic organism? Far from feeling threatened, I feel enlightened that I possess a consciousness external to the vessel that now is under threat :thinking:

1 Like

Too true rang the mother earlier (late 60s) who would normally be blasĂ© about most things and she was saying herself and the oul lad (early 70s) are taking it v seriously. She had a mild bout of breast cancer 9 years ago and that’s where they are coming from in terms of staying away from the Greenhills for lunch etc,
The ould fella hasn’t even been in the bookies since last weekendđŸ€Ł

2 Likes

Brit gobshites

1 Like