The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

Ffs

:grinning::grinning:

No. The evidence is the virus is not mutating much. It is like SARS-1 which has some kind of proof reading (like cells have when they reproduce) which prevents mutation. The high mortality rate in Wuhan is because the hospitals were so overwhelmed initially, it settled down in Wuhan as well after they threw lots of resources at it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been inside the door of emergency departments probably over 10 times over the last 15 months. Yes I have seen such people, but they have been few and far between.

Whatā€™s more, Murray yesterday referred to the reduced numbers on trolleys in emergency departments as proof of ā€œabuseā€. Believe me, people do not go on trolleys in emergency departments for the fun of it.

Finneganā€™s goes on

No more than the pubs, some will abuse the situation, more wonā€™t.

Smokers are jockers

If youā€™ve been to Sweden or Norway, nobody smokes, old or young. The French and Italians were heavy smokers and many still are, as are the Chinese (men). Huge difference between men and women deaths in China.

Our behaviour during Euro 2016 :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

We are the envy of the world.

No but they often go for other agendas.

A friend of mine works in the Taoiseachā€™s office, she and her colleagues are being trained and reallocated to track & trace duties around C-19

1 Like

The Germans smoke more than the French. As do the Austrians and Danes.

What you are thinking of is a stereotype not a fact

4 Likes

Germany has a higher average cigarette consumption than Spain, Italy or France.

Denmark is higher than France.

Snap

Iā€™m led to believe that the Germans actually smoke more, @anon7035031.

Will you rebrand now or what?

Heā€™s hiding from that Limerick councillor that he abused.

I heard he gave up the internet

I donā€™t believe it, not in my experience and Iā€™ve been to all these countries numerous times. We are talking about historical smoking, as the great majority of those seriously ill and dying are over 70.

In a sample size like we have for the French, Germans etc at the minute, a lot of it is probably luck. Where the outbreaks are and who gets them, how old they are, how early they are caught etc. As it goes on weā€™ll be able to see better if there is in fact national differences based on access to health care or other sociological factors.
You are also comparing apples with oranges. As they are all testing at different rates.

Also the number of dead vs number of infected is basically irrelevant. Number of dead vs number of cured is probably better, but again the information gap in terms of number actually affected makes analysis very difficult (unless every country was to test the same % and under the same criteria, it would also be good if they randomly sampled people with no symptoms).

1 Like