The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

Its easy spot the lads who took the opportunity to swill away the weekend.

This will be good for them,there’ll be more houses on the market after this as the herd gets thinned.

This place wss a sea of love 12 hours ago.

1 Like

I haven’t had a pint in 2 weeks mate.I take my family’s health very seriously

1 Like

Is Rocko giving the doomsday codes to one of the lads that are hiding up the side of a mountain?

1 Like

You would hope so.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a bit of unconscious anxiety or what but I’ve been sipping away at home the last couple of nights… Slept well tho

cc @anon78624367

1 Like

I’m sort of torn of between wanting to blame individuals for not exercising personal responsibility and, while not giving them a pass, simply accepting that in the absence of rules, some people will carry on doing what they’ve always done, either through ignorance or pig headedness.

I’ve said before I have sympathy for the government in this and I believe the individuals involved in this government are genuinely well intentioned. I accept they themselves are probably petrified themselves.

But they have to take the lead and govern.

I think it was on Wednesday morning last there were two posters here saying that much more stringent measures needed to be taken. I was one, @anon78624367 was the other. Back then we were being called conspiracy theorists.

By that teatime, what we were saying had become widely accepted and public opinion began to move rapidly.

The problem is the government have been reactive at every stage here, pretty much every other government has been too, but the public health experts have been clear all along. If you’re serious about containing this, you act first and questions can be asked later.

If you act quickly, you might have some chance of saving an economy because you have some chance of mitigating the public health crisis. Bringing forward draconian measures by days or a week etc., measures that are going to have to be taken within a short time anyway, is not going to harm an economy any more than it is going to be harmed anyway.

But that was the narrative that was allowed to pervade, that we could not shut down the country, because the economy. It was always going to happen anyway. Better sooner rather than later.

Me me me me me… give it a rest. You can’t win the corona virus

16 Likes

I’m not stating anything that isn’t the truth there.

It’s ridiculous. It needed to be taken out of people’s hands. I know pubs barely staying a float if they shut of their Own accord they’ll get no compensation. No different to anybody else who’s out of work due to this. People are incredibly narrow minded.

Any worthwhile online courses to do? What language is worth learning?

Chinese

Darkness Into Light on 9th May postponed until the Autumn

1 Like

Did you get that video about the lockdown this week @Copper_pipe?Stick it up there.

That’s depressing.

4 Likes

It was a fine morning for it. Reassuring to see my local GP on the first tee box and get his take on it.

8 Likes

Schools still on in the north

Basic cop on

Wheres that @johnnysachs