The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

Clonmel.

1 Like

All the pubs seem to be closing themselves today. I presume the VFI have told them to shutdown before they are closed down and have no control over it

1 Like

Still lots of tourists poking about who probably booked ages ago to be here for Paddy’s week.

Heard VFI guy on radio earlier saying they are closing but are meeting government to discuss compensations for staff and stimulus plans for afterwards.

Did we kick in with our school closures etc earlier in the cycle than others?? I am looking at a work related email here suggesting that we did

If I had a house out remote id do the same…but at least I can wfh and she’s closed down so we can control who comes in and out. Pretty muchbno one…the dog gets us out 2/3 times a day.

Appears i was way off when i described you as a gormless boring cunt

1 Like

Impossible to limit numbers - me arse!! A doorman with a counter is all it takes.

Social distancing fair enough.

schools still open in the north tomorrow

This is a worrying chart.

Will there be youngs ones speaking this when the pubs re open. Well, actually…

Close them. Yesterday. The last thing you want is hoardes of inebriated people roaming towns and there is an urgent need to control movement and interactions.

Yup, piece of piss.

In a lot US States, bars have strict fire limits (and will appear quite empty). Doormen strictly take the numbers in and out, the fines are enormous and they can be shut straight down.

Yes. It’s political (all of Europe were doing it) and also because of the Patrick’s Day holiday.

1 Like

I heard that there were spot checks being done on pubs in terms of numbers on Friday night. Not sure what regulatory body it was though.

Il take it. Regardless of how it came about. Lucky generals and all that

I think it was important in that it seemed to wake people from a little bit of a slumber and drive home the seriousness of this.

2 Likes

All the restaurants are now closing because of the government advice on 2m issued yesterday morning.

Tbh I think the government should have been clearer on it yesterday and issued specific advice for the hospitality sector. No excuse for the likes of what went on in Temple Bar but for others there is some confusion.