The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

They will need to reduce teachers pay and other non working civil servants to coincide with everyone else. Also how far away are we from a morgage freeze?

Obviously we canā€™t do it unilaterally but the way things are going something spectacular will have to happen at a EU level. Society cannot sustain a complete collapse of the economic system without a radical approach being taken.

SARS and MERS for example

1 Like

Like how does this end?
Herd immunity ?

Teachers are working

In my view yeah that or a vaccine.
167k cases cant be contained. Hope Iā€™m wrong obviously.

Chances are only about 10% of cases are being reported given many young people may show no symptoms etc as well.

1 Like

Everybody lock your parents and grandparents indoors and hide the key for 3 months. If you are providing groceries spray with disinfectent and leave outside the door

8 Likes

Not the ones I know

Time for the TV channels to step up here and put on decent programmes or reruns of classics to keep people in.

2 Likes

Vaccination for the elderly

2 Likes

giphy (49)

Oh well then!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

1 Like

What schools are open?

Something along those lines.

Also rapid diagnostics like South Korea, which hopefully once the West controls the growth of this can be used to keep things that way.

Thereā€™s suggestions of various treatments as well. The guy who discovered Ebola was hopeful that something can be used on a widespread basis by April.

A turnaround on a vaccine in order to avoid catastrophic numbers of deaths seems to be unprecedented and dangerous.

1 Like

Professor Anthony Costello (Professor of Global Health, UCL) completely ripped apart the UK strategy on C4 News this evening.

Were the supposed issues with the swine flu vaccine ever proven? There were accusations that it caused narcolepsy amongst other things.

Thats a real positive, whereā€™d you hear this?

Iā€™m many miles from my parents but would genuinely be willing to help people up here (Dublin) if it was at all feasible

2 Likes