Things I learned today (Part 1)

The Kop was named after a battle in the Boer War.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa! How the fuck is someone supposed to score over a thousand points in darts?

I laughed my ass off at that ton / thousand interaction. Then @maroonandwhite came along with his petrol money comment, and the wheels came off altogether.

1 Like

The Boer War was amazing Ted

You’ve forgotten the food place in the corner, Dijon or something. Way better food and particularly coffee than the shit house wankbag station at mayfield. And the ladies are lovely there. I want to stop for refreshments and to change over the driving, if I want to buy overpriced diesel I’ll hit my nearest Topaz thanks.
Please don’t let this dissuade you from taking the family to the Mayfield services station for sunday dinner.

Why so defensive? Just wondered what was so appealing about Midway. I rarely have a need to use a rest stop in Laois oddly enough.

As for J14, it’s proven a goldmine and given they went ahead and did it on their own back as opposed to waiting for the Govt fair ducks to them. The Fitzpatricks are alright sorts. Not sure I’d be eating there mind you

1 Like

Not defensive. Just hate that j14 shit hole. It’s a testament to bad service and laziness.

Actually never mind, I don’t care

2 Likes

San Diego Chargers receiver Malcom Floyd has a brother called Malcolm Floyd.

1 Like

That’s handy.

1 Like

That could only be bettered if their fathers name was Floyd

A small spelling difference there, but still mad.

“Floyd was allowed to name his younger sibling, and he named him after himself—their father introduced the spelling difference.”

Christ

It’s fucking shite.

Tried to go to Junction 14 Sunday evening but it was bedlam.
Looked up the midway and it said it was open until 11 so headed on for there instead. Arrived to find only the shitty little chipper open and it took 25 minutes to get my food.

1 Like

There are a shit load of stadiums with Kops in them. (Kop is Afrikaans for hill).

They also have a stall type thingy selling all sorts of nuts. Nicely over priced but top quality pecans and walnuts.

+1

Junction 14 is grand as service stations go.

2 Likes

It was chaos though.
It seemed 6/7 bus loads had arrived just before me. I’d say the supermacs counter was 6/7 people deep.

Usually a good sign if a place is always busy IMO.

The comment about the service bet me altogether, the people there are fierce friendly I’ve found. Grand, if you dont want to eat from a deli counter or supermacs, but then dont pull into a service area.