Things I learned today (Part 1)

‘Jockey’ comes from the Irish ‘eachaidhe’, a “horseman” - pronounced ‘yachey’ in late medieval times, which in time became ‘jockey’.

4 of the top 10 best selling musical acts in the US history are British - The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Elton John.

Both parents of The Dubliner’s John Sheahan were from West Limerick - his mother from Ardagh and father from Glin.

The cunts are super intelligent. The crow community living around us would spot the auld lad carrying the gun and take off at first sight. If he was carrying an object that looked a gun, they wouldn’t bother, and laugh their holes off at him. To shoot a few he’d have to drive near them in the tractor and shoot out the back window. Took them a while to cop on to that one.

Before ye ask why we were shooting them, we get a grant for it…

6 Likes

Any threat to the human species must be eradicated. It’s an unwritten law, and crows are too smart for their own good.

2 Likes

The bastards were crowing at him.

2 Likes

Ryan tubridy does a pasable impression of the lovechild of Stephen hawking and Jeremy beadle.

The 2018 association football World Cup final will kick-off at 4pm Irish time.

There has been 43 ACL injuries in the NFL this year so far.

Horsebox was molested by his school teacher.

During the 2015 Brazilian Serie A season, 19 of the 20 clubs sacked at least one manager.

Champions Corinthians were the only club to go the whole the season with the same manager.

There’s a lesson in that.

Kildare picked Larry Tomkins on their team of the millennium

1 Like

No Dermot Earley :hushed:

Getting on for 16 years ago. No surprise he’s not in it.

It was readers of the Leinster Leader in fairness as opposed to the Kildare county board. Most people are idiots

Ya I only saw that after.

Steve Buscemi was a New York fireman before he became famous. He returned to help out after 9/11.

2 Likes

Declared Nerney is Una Fodens uncle

These are truly great times for County Tipperary.

Declan Nerney is a better singer than una foden

2 Likes

This is not a “thing I learned today” but something I’ve known for some time - Declan Nerney is a stone cold legend. Played my friend’s wedding a few years ago. Some entertainer.

2 Likes