Things I learned today (Part 1)

In bed mate. Dying

I’ve had a grand few days, pal. I’ve been having the odd drink here and there but only 3 or 4 big nights out over the last 2 weeks. Did you have a good break yourself?

Fantastic mate. Just 3 big drunken nights and they were great. Had a great buz with the kids. Off til the 6th which is brilliant another few days with the loved ones’
I’ll need to work for a few hours Monday at home but still good

Fao @carryharry. According to TheTimes yesterday, only three teams in the history of test cricket have gone into a final day of play four wickets down and survived.

1 Like

I never knew it was such a violent sport

5 Likes

Apt thread then.

1 Like

TouchĂŠ

2 Likes

GearĂłid Adams is joint manager of Antrim footballers.

Justin McCarthy is coach to Antrim hurlers*

*I learned this on Satuday

Carlow GAA has a centre of excellence. :smile: No really it has.

4 Likes

Apart from IT Carlow?

Yes the county board built a centre of excellence in some place called Fenagh.

Ah they’re as entitled to one as any other county I guess.

Did you see the youtube video their football manager posted the night before for their first round game against Laois last year incidentally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU9CoincFIw

They lost 3-16 to 0-8.

All that for that beating. The GAA is fucked outside the top 8 in each.

Make that top 4 in football 3 in hurling

Yea, that works better alright. As its always been. The odd county can pop up, but its unsustainable outside the big ones. I heard recently that Roscommon are throwing the family fortune at this group of players for the next 4-5 years, and to hell with anything after that.

1 Like

Ye mcstay will bankrupt them and all they’ll get is maybe a connacht final and maybe last 8 for a year or two

They’re happy to do it, figuring that this is as good a group as they’ll get in one for the foreseeable future. If they’re not prepared to back this group, who do they back? Dont blame them. Hope they chose well with McStay, be interesting to see how he goes.

Won’t be much good if it puts them millions into debt,the all Ireland is fucked unless they start dividing up sponsorship equally among the 32 counties so everyone is on equal terms,or else just scrap it,then the club player might enjoy his football again

1 Like

Wont put them millions in debt if they run it right, there’s money in the States flowing in from what I’ve heard. Croke Park bail everyone out anyway, shur what harm.

The GAA needs to be torn asunder and reconfigued. It’ll never happen.

The yank won’t be long getting sick of that

Roscommon bankrupted themselves once before and got bailed out, why wouldn’t they do it again.

1 Like