Things I learned today (Part 1)

One All Ireland semi final appearance will be all it takes. One good run.

True fagan

Club Rossie has a nice nest egg to work with at the moment. I believe Willie Mullins’ chief benefactor has lodged a considerable sum.

The new Dublin GAA centre in Abbotstown is really taking shape. Had a look there over the Christmas and bulding/stand almost complete. Pitches in supreme nick.

1 Like

Roscommon are soft and shit.

Would you prefer a really soft shit or a really hard shit?

Shit is shit.

So were Donegal before Jim McGuinness.*

• according the first few chapters of Rory Kavanagh’s book that I’ve read so far.

Donegal had players who were making All Ireland semi finals before McGuinness.

Jimmy won them matches

Doesn’t mean they weren’t soft, by their own admission.

They were soft but Roscommon are soft and shit.

In the two years before McGuinness took over they lost to Antrim and Down in their first game in Ulster and were absolutely murdered by Cork in 2009 in the qualifiers.

They still had all stars like Lacey and Cassidy and the likes of McGee, Kavanagh, Gallagher, Toye, McFadden etc who had been part of a team who reached an All Ireland semi final.

These Roscommon players don’t have even a big scalp at senior Championship level. Apples and oranges.

Kavanagh said they were soft and that other Ulster counties saw them as soft.

Take it up with him if you want.

And I said Roscommon are soft AND shit.

Roscommon can toughen up but it’s not going to make them All Ireland contenders - they don’t have the players - and they don’t have a McGuinness either to make them reach their potential.

No Donegal were shit as well according to Kavanagh.

Making a semi-final can happen with better training and a smarter game plan, like Jason Ryan leading Wexford to the semi-final in 2008.

As opposed to what?

Getting beaten in a Leinster quarter or semi-final and whimpering out by round 3 (at best) in the qualifiers.

They weren’t shit as they had real quality players as time has proven.

Roscommon don’t, you are comparing apples with oranges.

I’m not saying they were. I’m saying one of their players, one of the players you mentioned above, said they were shit.

Read his book if you want.