Things I learned today (Part 1)

There is a gentleman’s agreement in place with regard to no posters being placed in the middle of malahide village. It has been broken, I would imagine unknowingly, by clare daly this year.

Is there rules and regulatons regarding erection of posters. Height etc?

I nearly had my head taken off by a few this morning.
They seem to be putting them up very low this year for some reason.
Who do you complain to?

Your local council. [quote=“habanerocat, post:2547, topic:17423, full:true”]

Is there rules and regulatons regarding erection of posters. Height etc?

I nearly had my head taken off by a few this morning.
They seem to be putting them up very low this year for some reason.
Who do you complain to?
[/quote]

The local council. Make sure they know you’re a normal person and not a party crank giving out about others. Not sure of exact rules. Well above head height and not blocking a junction would by the main things as a rule of thumb. Some lads underestimate the height and bring shit ladders so the end up quite low.

That was broken on two previous occasions by @croppy/@Funtime and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy on behalf of Paul Donnelly and Matt McCormack. Knowingly!!

You were probably too busy admiring the gable end with Peter and the Ryan’s to know what was happening.

It’d be a weird fella who enjoyed an imaginary gable end for a protracted period with a bunch of fellas who never saw eye to eye.

Dean Cain was drafted by the Buffalo Bills out of College but suffered a career ending injury in training camp.

2 Likes

Croppy broke it a few years

Peyton Mannings’ Denver Broncos had average NFL attendance in 2015 season of 76,922. His alma mater Tennessee had avg attendance of 100,584

These are said to be the first colour photographs ever taken in Ireland

People go on about “the good old days” in Ireland.
They looked pretty fuckin shit.

1 Like

So I was booking a one way flight from London with Ryanair (I had already booked out but was unsure of my return time).
Because my starting point was in the UK they insisted on charging me in £’s.
So I googled how to switch it to euros so I wouldn’t be stung on the exchange rate, anyway you can’t.
While I was looking for it though I came across the following info.

If you book with Ryanair in a different ccy to that which the card is in. i.e. book in GBP on a Euro card, then they calculate the euro rate using their “guaranteed exchange rate”. Essentially they bill you in euros and do the exchange rate themselves. There is a little info box you can tick where you can unselect their guaranteed exchange rate and let the credit card provider do it. This Ryanair “strongly recommend against”.
Anyway if you untick this box you get the market rate rather than Ryanair’s thief rate. I saved myself a €10 on €200 worth of flights. Sneaky bastards.

Maybe this was well known but if never booked a flight in a different ccy with Ryanair so it was news to me.

5 Likes

Get a card from these guys - it has changed the purchasing of goods and services in other currencies aspect of my life in ways I never thought possible.

1 Like

Can I register that to a US address and use it to pay for HBO Go? It’s costing me a fortune in fees to keep my US credit card open and I’ve been on the look out for an alternative for some time.

This is basically a credit card that you pre-load with funds from a debit card or by electronic transfer from a bank account. The address you use to register with Revolut and the address on the debit card/bank account have to match.

So I think if you want to register the Revolut card at a US address (so that HBO Go accept it) you will need a US bank account at the same address to put money onto it.

On July 15th 1974 Christine Chubbuck aged 29, a American television news reporter who worked for WTOG and WXLT-TV in Florida, committed suicide during a live television broadcast by pulling a revolver from under her desk, and shooting herself behind the right ear.

The video is not to be found as its said the family requested all copies be destroyed.

Joan Burton was adopted as a baby.

That’s Hedley :rage:

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjEnkQdaHM

1 Like

That has to be a man.

I had not previously heard of George Plant

http://www.turtlebunbury.com/history/history_heroes/hist_hero_georgeplant.html