Things I learned today (Part 1)

TG4 did a 2-part documentary on him a few years back.
There is a memorial at his graveside every Easter Sunday.

thanks, i must look for that now, the story caught my eye.

Anthony of Anthony and the Johnsons is now Anohni, after undergoing the full transgender process.

Sheā€™s also seething after not being allowed perform her Oscar nominated song at the Awards. Its a good song tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyx9wMrmgXM

Pj harvey is a woman

3 Likes

Sounds like they are photoshopping a psychopath to me.

Ffs

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by photoshopping there but yes on the psycho.

Azur on Georges Quay in Limerick is a top restaurantā€¦went in today for the first time with the Mrs for an early birdā€¦top quality grub and service.

Way better then Freddyā€™s imo.

Food is great but the portions were on the small side last time I ate thereā€¦you shouldnā€™t be hungry after two coursesā€¦with the main being pork belly.

Is it mainly seafood?

No, bass, it isnā€™t.

Prides itself on itā€™s seafood alright, but I went with the hereford beef and it was unreal.

Got chicken and chorizo salad to start and it was like a main course, really was top class. The restaurant itself is lovely as well, and the waitresses were excellent.

Iā€™ll definitely be back there. Youā€™re not rushed like you are either in bigger restaurants like the cornstore or the hamptons.

I was considering the pork belly but had to go with the beef, it fell away it was so tender once the fork hit it.

What time of the day did you eat there?
I hear they are country folk there so it might have been a supper you got instead of the dinner you expected.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a fine spot alright,deadly pints of peroni in there as well

1 Like

Both Wachowski brothers are now sisters.

They made two of the best movies Iā€™ve seen (Matrix and V for Vendetta), and Iā€™ll always be grateful for that whatever they do. But in all seriousness, that is fucking mental. What are the odds of two transgender people in the same family?

Probably about as great as two critically acclaimed successful Hollywood producers/directors in the one family.

1 Like

No - substantially less, Iā€™d imagine. Iā€™m sure you can rattle off at least one other such pair of siblingsā€¦