Things I learned today (Part 1)

You couldn’t say that for most sports at all.

Someone having a little fun with the shadow in the top photo.

Boxing is the same. At all levels. The fighter has to bring something to the table.
At the lower levels it involves them literally selling tickets to the fights.

No it isn’t. f1 is one of the absolute elite pinnacles of motor racing. , not t some undercard filler on a wetwednesday night in athlone. There is no similarity at all. Selling a few tickets vs 20million annually to take part, and right at the summit of the sport. I actually work on occasion with a semi pro boxer, who gets circa 1k per fight.

How do guys get the title fight, the pay per views etc? They have to be marketable and bring in the sponsors.

@Fran is not half as bland as normal after a couple of pints

1 Like

In fairness to him, he wouldn’t vote labour after 12 pints.

Naoise is a boys name.

The United States has 210,000 unsolved homicides since 1980.

Prince’s song “Purple Rain” was recorded live at a show in Minneapolis on August 3rd, 1983, not in a studio, with only editing to shorten it from 11 minutes to 7 minutes and overdubs like the strings at the end done later in studio.

Link to video of the original here:

2 Likes

That Prince wrote Manic Monday. Someone posted it on the Celebrity Deaths thread. I did not know that.

I knew that but I did not previously know he also wrote “I Feel For You”, better known for being recorded by Chaka Khan.

Wendy Melvoin looked sexy as fuck in that video, unreal attitude on that guitar.

Take my advice and never check to see how shes aged.

Unfortunately I already did last night, pal.

Incredibly the show where “Purple Rain” was recorded was the first time she ever played live with Prince.

He also composed the song Nothing Compares 2 U.

Good grief, thats unreal. To the manor born, she oozes sex there. You’d wonder what Prince would have seen in her :smirk:

I was not aware of that.

Same goes for D’Arcy Wretzky, former Smashing Pumpkins bassist. Good fuck, she’s a horror.

Always, ALWAYS remember her like this:

2 Likes

Saw her at the Point at that fateful gig. Full blown meltdown on stage. Justifiably so mind you. A ball of sex.