Things I learned today (Part 1)

According to today’s independent. Kilkenny are playing Waterford in the minor semi final on Sunday. Funnily enough also on at 3.30 in Croker.

There is a RTE News channel

You’re kidding me?

Yep. RTE News Now or something

There’s an “Irish” bar in guantanamo bay

The father of New England Patriot superbowl winner Nate Ebner, who scored a try in America’s Rugby Sevens win over Brazil there half an hour ago, was beaten to death at his car yard in a botched robbery a few years ago. Nate was also born in Dublin (Ohio). The car yard was in Springfield.

Obviously had known about the whole rugby thing as he has been given special leave from the Patriots to go play, but never knew about his father until today.

Saw that too… Any news on Jules?

Not serious. Ninko tore a triceps so that’s far more worrying right now

:disappointed:

I knew it existed, but I didn’t know it was Sky channel 578.

Before the introduction of the steam train there was a difference of 20 minutes in time between London and Plymouth.
Was the same true in Ireland?

What

1 Like

Reboot yourself there @backinatracksuit

Have you a job?

It’s something I learned today. If it was 9 of clock in London it was 20 past in Plymouth, a very intelligent sounding lady talking to Ryan Tubridy said so.
I’m wondering if the same could be true of Cork and Dublin.

Time cant measure the difference between Cork and Dublin mate.

11 Likes

Christ! And the earth was rotating the other way round back then as well. I never knew that.

1 Like

cork is the land that time forgot

No, but up until 1916 Dublin was 25 mins behind London.

D’father’d occasionally tell shtories of the grandfather refusing to ever acknowledge this time change, and operating in his own PhattPike Snr Snr Mean Time Zone that was 25 mins behind the rest of the country. As the PPikes have a long and proud tradition of being late for almost everything it’s hard to know if there’s any truth in this or if it’s just something in our genes.

2 Likes

About 50 years I’d say.