Things I learned today (Part 1)

Hon tipp

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/down-the-junction-frank-mcnally-on-three-very-contrasting-figures-from-the-same-corner-of-south-tipperary-1.3843301

The wheels of justiceā€¦

1 Like

So you think the cops are randomly committing massacres? Are they being paid per scalp?

Very ā€˜Conservativeā€™ estimate btw

Why do you make an idiot of yourself every time you touch a keyboard?
Try for once to engage your brain and use facts rather than feelings.

According to the attached study by the Washington Post, since 2015 cops in the US shot and killed 3,309 people, 23% were black, so 2548 or 77% were non black, the majority of the group white. Where is your outrage at the number of white people being shot and killed?

Most of those shot and killed were armed, 231 or 7% were unarmed. The facts are that 93% of those shot and killed by police are armed. I refer you to my prior post where I tried to explain to your fellow bleeding heart idiot that the US is a violent society and cops encounter violence at a level unheard of in Europe. As to the question why proportionately more blacks are killed than whites relative to population, some black communities are by far the most violent (as demonstrated by the fact that black on black murders represent almost 50% of all murders, even though blacks represent 14% of the population).

Nowhere have I defended cops shooting unarmed civilians, nor do I deny that cops are more likely to shoot unarmed blacks than other races. The reality is a cop responding to a call in a black neighborhood is much more likely to encounter an armed gang member or armed criminal than any other community and much more likely to be shot at, and killed. There are roughly the same number of cops and unarmed people (all, not just black) killed each year. The only oneā€™s that seem to get media attention though are unarmed black killings by cops. Why do you think that is?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-people-have-significantly-declined-experts-say/2018/05/03/d5eab374-4349-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.e9383fe9aeb3

4 Likes

There are 750,000 cops in the US, if @glasagusban and @Turenne are to believed then massacres on a scale of Rwanda should be happening each year. The reality is killing of unarmed civilians has been dropping each year.

Weā€™re not looking for facts here, feelings are more important, jog on

3 Likes

Fuckin hell.

You know what, the guards are a grand bunch of lads all the same.

1 Like

And there we have it. Now possibly de escalation could work in a percentage of these cases and there have been some ridiculously lazy cops who have murdered people who were just running away unarmed, but what do the shriekers propose they do when faced with armed criminals, hug them?

Unsurprisingly Dumbo above hasnā€™t yet worked out that the reason there are more white people than black peoople shot by cops in absolute numbers is because there are way more white people in the US than black people. :laughing:

Little details like that tend to fly over ones head when the entire reason for oneā€™s posting here is to demonise black people and claim that ā€œwhites are under attackā€, or some other such flagrantly racist bulllshit.

How well would the average guard do in Baltimore or south Chicago I wonder?

Way to go demonstrating yet again your inability to read or comprehend anything more complex than the Beano. Following your superb logic, as there are 14% blacks in the US, 14% of murders should be committed by blacks. However, 50% of murders are committed by blacks. Why is that?

Let me try and break it down for you once again. Blacks are 14% of the population. 23% of all those killed by cops are black, 36% of those shot who are unarmed are black. The cops clearly shoot and kill blacks disproportionately.

Why is that do you think? Keeping in mind that in many cases those doing the shooting are black cops.

Heā€™d remember Chicago well from his J1. As for Baltimore, well just ask Ian Bailey.

1 Like

Remarkably illiterate effort from one of the top 5 smartest, even being post-edit :thinking:

4 Likes

The incarceration ratios between whites and blacks are very damning for the American judicial system.

Also, trying to argue that the death of one person matters more than another person is very base, whether they are black, white, cop or criminal.

Very few people are born evil. Circumstance and a continual enablement to make bad choices lead people down these paths, regardless of their skin colour.

A white person with a crack whore mom who gets shot by a cop is no more privileged than a black person that meets the same fate.

1 Like

Correct. The drug laws have been ridiculous, especially when it comes to marijuana which is now legal in many states. Thankfully the new Criminal justice bill will address some of that. Personally I would like to see law enforcement focus on those selling drugs to children.

All lives matter, I agree. All lives are not equal though, a cop shooting someone who is in the act of killing others is not the same as a cop shooting an unarmed civilian.

Ariana grande is 5 foot tall

Itā€™s morally more palatable, perhaps. But itā€™s still reprehensible that people in the USA are enabled to get to the point where they are willing to gun down others.

Itā€™s a sub culture there, the gang thing. It hasnā€™t really been tackled. The poverty remains, the gun problem remains, the lack of sustainable education remains.

Violence is a vicious circle. If cops shoot, criminals shoot back and vice versa.

Just admit you hate blacks and we can move on