Things I learned today (Part 1)

Pity it doesn’t fall on the whure

If he ever becomes president the country is ruined.

I’m sure he could knock out something in the phoenix park.

2 Likes

Very useful, thank you for posting the link.

Vile post

Thanks mate

1 Like

Kinvarra has it’s own radio station. KLRFM or something. @KinvarasPassion

1 Like

@KinvarasPassion would be a much better name for a radio station

1 Like

I thought that to myself as I was listening to it.“Welcome to 102.5fm kinvarraspassion into the night”

What does be going on with the spelling of some of these places

Is it Kinvara or Kinvarra - I always thought it was Kinvara but you;d see it spelled Kinvarra an odd time

Then there’s Lahinch/Lehinch and Borrisoleigh/Borrisileigh/Borris-Ileigh and Gadaffi/Gadafy/al-Khadafi etc.

1 Like

"And yet another night of Hard Rock on the Burren. "

1 Like

Like a Limestone Cowboy

6 Likes

This

I was chatting to a woman I work with the other day. She lives in Belfast but has a strange hybrid accent. Turns out she’s a Kinvara native!

1 Like

The blues musician Howlin Wolf was functionally illiterate until his 40s. He then went back to school and got a high school diploma and then took a number of business courses to help himself manage his career. He was considered to be the most financially successful of that era of blues musicians and not alone did he pay his band and pay them on time he organized benefits for them like health insurance. As a consequence he had the best band around.

11 Likes

Gay Byrne was fond of Jameson.

If you need to take the top off a violin to have it fixed it’ll cost about 150€

Would you try fiddle with it yourself first?

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have that string to my bow.
I didn’t have to have it done. It was merely a titbit of information from the overbearing matron of the shop. The place itself is a fantastic shop. Crehans just off Gracepark road. Rows of beautiful string instruments delicately hung and an air of magic about the place. The fella that fixed the bridge on my violin seemed almost wizard like, took it off me and away to his workshop without a word. Came back in about 15mins later with it rebridged and restrung. A lovely window into a different world in an already good day.

4 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a Carrolls tourist shop