Things I learned today (Part 1)

In all fairness the Pink Floyd were all public schoolboys and art school types. Nobody in their right mind would buy that they were Ordinary Joes. I have occasion to visit Cambridge a fair bit and I occasionally make a point of passing Syd Barrett’s childhood home. I get a nice connection from that. I like the Pink Floyd’s early stuff when Syd was involved and I like his album the Madcap Laughs. The later stuff passed me by in my youth. It was the sort of stuff the lads in 6th year who were allowed in to the smoking room listened to. In more recent years, I kind of came to like some of the later stuff, Wish you were here, Shine On and comfortably numb but in reality if the Pink Floyd post 1971 never existed my life would have been no worse.

We set controls for the heart of the sun.
One of the ways we show our age.

:thinking:

Imagine it would cut down the number of call out videos by 80%
The original call out, reply, money to fair play man and fight in a 12 hour turn around. Cutting down from a lead time of months.

Savage efficiency gains

A crusty musical link which aimed to show off superior knowledge.

Never mind.

1 Like

Pulse is an absolutely brilliant album.
Learning to fly is my favourite.

When I was younger I listened to a Pink Floyd album. One of their instrumental ones. I was very impressed with the guitar playing especially, until I realised the record player was on 45 and not 33.

I never listened to Pink Floyd again.

2 Likes

:smiley:

The reporting moratorium for elections is not applicable to by elections.

It also only include radio and TV. Social media and print are exempted.

Seamus Coleman and Dessie Farrell are first cousins.

An unlikely combination for sure.

Us Irish are renowned for our welcome, but there is also such a thing as the “Irish Goodbye”.

Seemingly it’s when you slip away from a party of gathering without saying goodbye. Us Irish are renowned for it worldwide.

I never knew this.

Yea, I saw it on an Americans Facebook page.

It’s a French goodbye not an Irish. French goodbye is actually a thing

Definitely American, although I am an awful cunt for doing it

1 Like

I’d say most people think you’re pretty sound for fucking off

1 Like

You’re not wrong there. But then I’m pretty sound in everything I do. I’m just sound out.

:popcorn:

I think he’s a little upset