Things I learned today (Part 1)

The NOGRA AGM

1 Like

What are you researchering?

via here

The Camera shutter sound cannot be turned off on Japanese iPhone models.

A work colleague bought a refurbished iPhone 8 from a shop in Cork and couldnā€™t work out how to turn off the shutter sound on Snapchat. After some further research with the assistance of @Copper_pipe it was determined that the iPhone they had purchased was indeed a Japanese variant.

Be careful when buying a phone off the Japanese variant of Donedeal folks

The reason is that upskirting is such a problem in Japan, Apple force enabled the shutter noise to stop Japanese chaps clandestinely taking photos of young girls underwear.

2 Likes

Having youe ear pierced cc @flattythehurdler will stop big black lads bating ye

1 Like

Well it wonā€™t do any harrum.

Neither does being big and filthy from site work

Mike Scott from the Waterboys produced the song N17 by the Saw Doctors.

Professor Basil Chubb the eminent Trinity College political scientist was incarcerated for 18 months in Stalag Luft III the POW camp from which emanated the Great Escape

3 Likes

Basil appeared to be an insufferable cunt in all honesty. Perhaps we were unaccustomed to educated, pompous flutes pontificating about patterns and proportionality but I signed out once his cherubic features appeared.
I was more entranced by the eliminations of dislikeable hoors all across the country than following his ā€œletā€™s zero in onā€ type of guff.

The Brian Farrell inquisition was more my cup of teaā€¦

Live from RTEā€¦

BF: Sean Doherty, what went wrong? as Tom Foxe takes his seat.
SD: Not enough people voted for me Brianā€¦(the bastards) this segment was mercifully muted but visibleā€¦

I always thought I could hear a bit of the water boys in that song. Fishermanā€™s Blues maybe.

They used a Chubb lock on his cell

Who says Germans donā€™t have a sense of humour

That camp is in a place called Zagan near Wroclaw. Thereā€™s a museum there now.

1 Like

Ffs.
Allison goes on to talk about the #metoo movement and how hard it is to get bookings - what with being a woman and allā€¦

ā€œit was a story about a bad shift. she physically vomittedā€.

im sure most would vomit at the thought of getting a shift from alison

1 Like

Allison identifies as funny

15 Likes

There are no male geckos (in lots of sub species of them)

Geckos are woke some 2.5 million years nowā€¦ One of the first creatures on the planet to go gender neutral.

How do they do the bidness?