Things I learned today (Part 1)

Well youā€™re going to learn today that the Turing thing is an urban myth

Fuck off art

You have an unhealthy fixation with Alan Turing.

1 Like

Relax cranky. What new midlife crisis has you so tetchy?

It was the poles that cracked the Enigma. Not that chump.

Iā€™ll need a link for that one please.

3 Likes

Going back a bit

Once you pop you really canā€™t stop.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see a bullet point time line on this. I couldnā€™t see the Polish having much input post blitzkrieg. And the movies and TV series Iā€™ve seen seem to portray that progress was only made near the end of the war.

The Poles were airbrushed out of the winning of WWIi. They werenā€™t allowed to march in the Victory parade in London because the Russians said so.

1 Like

Turing was at nothing until the Poles told him how to do it. He then went on and mastered code breaking at an industrial scale. The Poles were able to crack the previous version, but the one used in WWII was much more high tech and was unbreakable to humans.

They also captured an enigma in 1941, which again they wouldnā€™t have been able to break the codes on mass without.

The Germans also became sloppy in their code setting and message sending.

1 Like

So when and how did the Poles tell him how to do it?

Anyone want to explain this slowly to @balbec?

1939 with their mouths

Alan Turing, Woke Saint of the English middle classes.

1 Like

Went to that Bletchely Park where Turing was said to have cracked it. Impressive place. Most surprising is the Germans never bombed it. Not a small place, surprising they missed it.

I remember reading about this a few years ago

1 Like

Vigilantes burn ā€˜paedophileā€™ alive after he was accused of rape and murder of girl, 6,thatā€™s what I call justice

Was Viber not around that time?