Things I learned today (Part 1)

One of yere chaps

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi ye never told us the Croagh Hurling revolution was built on prayer and fasting

2 Likes

@glasagusban is so conflicted now he might tear himself apart

1 Like

And soccer/ FR Philip is ex Manchester United

Pretty sure there is/was a lad playing with Croagh who wouldn’t play on a Sunday because of religious beliefs.

1 Like

Patrick

2 Likes

That Seamus Hickey is in the God squad.

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s him

I forgive Eddie Brennan & Henry Shefflin for the multiple dirty strokes they gave the 19 year old Hickey in 2009 was it?

1 Like

How did that work out playing for the occupied 6? According to posters on other threads it should be a no no but a staunch Catholic …?

Reading his Wiki it seems he intended to be a secular priest but opted for Catholicism when his studies began.

He may not have been religious when lining out for them.

1 Like

Andrew Trimble is playing with Croagh?

V odd. He left his home club as well did he to go to croagh? Wouldn’t be that great a distance between them

He’s not as Catholic as James McClean

Surprised Ger Brennan not there

Cian is obviously playing a match that day so Slippy stepped in

I was today years old, I never really thought about it but I thought they were just the little yokes sticking out at the ends :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Hes living out that way for years. Played with his own club upto 2 years ago then transferred to be player manager

1 Like

Sitting here in Malaga airport and all I can say is the Brits and the paddy’s are on ugly race, obese and pale, the mainland Europeans have a much better gene

2 Likes