Things I learned today (Part 1)

He’s a handy boy stringing barbed wire along them too.

1 Like

Correct.

Mick McCarty received a €1.2m exit fee to make way for Stephen Kenny following the last Euro campaign.

This is along with a €1.2m salary and a €1m bonus were we to qualify.

Mick and Robbie are salt of the earth millionaires

Managers like Kenny only come along once in a generation.

Shure it took Liverpool 30 years to win the league after he left.

So that penalty shoot out lost him a million?? He surely had a couple of hundred grand on Slovakia

there are 22,000 youtubers with 1 million plus subscribers

2 Likes

FCA buachaill anseo ar freisin

Howitzer, Bren,Lee Enfield 303 , not bad training for a big strapping 14 ( if that) Cork boy​:blush::blush::blush::ok_hand::ireland:And 7/8 mates, ohhhhhhh and free bouts and a big heavy :coat:

1 Like

Single sided cold toast and hard boiled eggs, black tea and cheese sandwiches. Are my vivid memories.

1 Like

I escaped getting my balls polished thank fuck, some serious bullying went on aswell as good craic, but lots of guys were singled out

I was in the Naval Reserve - the Slua Muiri as it was then. It was great craic. Must have been a well run company because there was fuck all bullying that I can remember. Large bottles of Phoenix a pound in the barracks. Going off to Kilkenny to shoot Lee Enfields. Pints in Langtons after. Dire mess food. They are my main memories.

1 Like

I reckon all the lads doing the Polishing were gay. Who’s want to rub some other lads balls ffs?

1 Like

I’m surprised Langton’s hadn’t a NO FCA sign on the door. Like many of the pubs in Waterford.

1 Like

Ah mine were good but that shite went on with the newbies I was ok and I watched my kid bro and kept the loopers away, the local big fellas watched us aswell

Agreed

That’s a British army recruit bullying crap that’s where it came from

If someone tried polishing nutsacks in sarsfields barracks they’d get some unmerciful hiding

1 Like

You might get away with it in Cork though

2 Likes