Things I learned today (Part 1)

Harrison Ruffin Tyler is the last living grandson of John Tyler, 10th U.S. president - The Washington Post

1 Like

I know, I looked it up. It’s mental!!

1 Like

robin williams’ parkinsons was being treated with a drug called l-dopa.

L-dopa was the drug given by williams character to the patients in he film awakenings to waken them from their catatonic state.

1 Like

More Americans live north of Canada’s southernmost point than Canadians

1 Like

Boston and Seattle would be north of the southernmost tip of Canada anyways so there’s a fine start.

Than Canadiens what?

Sir Marcus Rashford earns a wage of £200,000 a week.

Jason Sudekis is a nephew of George Wendt.

The two-and-a-half-hour final episode of MAS*H was watched by about 125 million Americans. When it finished, the 1 million New Yorkers flushing their toilets released an extra 6.7 million gallons of water into the city’s sewers

2 Likes

I’m calling bullshit on the second sentence here. There are ad breaks every five minutes on US telly. People wouldn’t have had to hold their wee until the end of the show.

thats now, not then

1 Like

Wasn’t there a huge power surge in the UK after Dallas finished years ago?
Everybody putting the kettle on at the same time.

They said the same thing about half time in England v Argentina 1996. Maybe it’s an urban legend.

I’d say that’s true also.
They were heading for the drinks cabinet after the match.

1 Like

There were always long and regular ad breaks on us tv

Their ads ruin discovery etc, and the shagging medical disclaimers would drive you to distraction

The medical disclaimers are hilarious. We often try to guess the side effects for each product.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/28/106-million-people-watched-mash-finale-35-years-ago-no-scripted-show-has-come-close-since/

Twould seriously put you off especially watching mountain men or any of the car programs

Cricket was invented in Ireland.

1 Like