Things I learned today (Part 1)

Victor Kiam owned the New England Patriots.
Is that irony?

There is only one 1984 vauxhall Carlton 2000 CD left on British roads.

1 Like

Is that good or bad?

The Vikings seem to have been the first Europeans to most of the places the Spanish and Portuguese claimed centuries later

1 Like

He decided to drop Alan Hansen from the squad and told Kenny Dalglish tell Hansen. Kenny told him to fuck off and do the dirty deed himself before withdrawing from the squad himself. I can’t remember who’s kit arrived (tracksuits, tops, runners etc) and then Ferguson told him he wasn’t needed.

3 Likes

Yet King Kenny said recently that he’s always had a good relationship with Ferguson.

There’s two places called Bunnyconnellan in Ireland.

There are many gents in Kilkenny City, both natives and day trippers, punching above their weight.

1 Like

In F1, the French Grand Prix was not held between 2008 and 2018.

There’s no such place, you scamp.

That the belt that broke Gary Kirby’s hand was as nasty, intentional and filthy an act as you’ll see.
Also that Gary Kirby was/is one tough motherfucker.
I’m going back to hating Limerick hurling after this brief interlude.

5 Likes

I agree the term “city” is not a correct description of the town.

1 Like

It is actually. Although technically a town for administrative purposes Kilkenny was granted the right by Statute to call itself a City because if it’s historical city status.

Kilkenny is no more a city than Waterford.

3 Likes

Two smashing towns to visit

4 Likes

Ireland’s first city and the original capital of Ireland

Dunne was a shocking tramp

1 Like

Jon Favreau played a clown in an episode in Season 5 of Seinfeld

Vince Mackey was in an episode also

How much broadsheet.ie has gone off the deep end in terms of public discourse. Has this been happening for long and I just missed it?