Things I learned today (Part 2)

Michael Duignan is the current Bishop Of Galway.

I imagine heā€™d have preferred to be Bishop of Kilkenny.

Iā€™d class not making it in the US as more of an endorsement of a light entertainment broadcasterā€™s ability than making it.

1 Like

Sheā€™s A Cracker, would normally be regarded as a compliment but in the US (some parts anyway) a ā€œcrackerā€ is a derogatory term for whites often used by blacks.

ā€œIt has been suggested that white slave foremen in the antebellum South were called ā€œcrackersā€ owing to their practice of ā€œcracking the whipā€ to drive and punish slavesā€

Eamon Casey and my grandmother were 1st cousinsā€‹:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:, something I learned the day the scandal broke in 1992, well I probably knew in my younger days but had forgotten.

3 Likes

A shuttlecock can travel at over 500km an hour.

5 Likes

Shuttlecocks are made from feathers
from the left wing of a goose. Right wing ones donā€™t fit into the rubbery yoke.

13 Likes

Does this mean there is loads of geese going around with big feathery right wings and baldy left wings?

1 Like

Fucking right wing geese.
The coop is FULL

10 Likes

Canada goose jackets on the cunts

1 Like

That was a smashing bit of trivia during that game. I just assumed the things were made of plastic.

2 Likes

It means vegans canā€™t play badminton.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/timecaptales/status/1817272723309273130?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Incredible woman. Her decision to look away while the Russian anthem played saw her suffer for decades under the new regime. Thankfully things improved later in her life. Fascinating story

1 Like

Plastic shuttles are an abomination - like playing a different game

So it wasnā€™t really a secret then.

Do you know something?

In the ā€˜All Time Summer Olympics Medal Tableā€™, Hungary is in 8th place. Not bad for a country of barely 10 million people.

Canoeing and fencing - a bucket load of medals. Also they boycotted 1984 Olympics so could have won more.

Hungary cunts

1 Like

I just learned East Germany are still 11th