Things I learned today (Part 2)

Bit rich from the one who can’t spell most posts.
(Still looking for Dunkettle?)

If only Woderick could get his hands on that.

I’d say arsenal are the exception, they sold out the Emirates there last weekend.

1 Like

All-Ireland winner arrested over alleged assault on boy (12)

Child found with serious injuries at vacant property

Robin Schiller

February 21 2024 2:30 AM

An All-Ireland-winning GAA star has been arrested over an alleged assault on a 12-year-old boy.

An implement was allegedly used in the attack which resulted in the child being hospitalised.

Detectives have been investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident which happened at a vacant property in the south-west of the country last October.

Emergency services were alerted to the scene where the child, who was 12 years old at the time, was discovered with serious injuries.

He was subsequently rushed to University Hospital Limerick where he was treated for a broken collarbone and facial injuries after being struck.

Investigators arrested a man on Monday in relation to the incident on suspicion of assault.

The Irish Independent has learned that the suspect is an All-Ireland-winning GAA player.

ADVERTISEMENT

FFS lads !
Not Limerick again?

Tbf, it could be Tipp or Clare or Limerick. Let’s see how it plays out. Shocking news though.

1 Like

South west is more likely Kerry

1 Like

Nasty business. All round.

He’ll have to sell a right few houses to get out of this one.

2 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed:

Is this the Niall Gilligan one? He was a long way from home

Yes, it is poor reporting - happened between the bridge and broadford on a dilapidated guest house he bought.

Allegedly -
Youngsters had been hanging out inside of it smoking weed and doing teenage high jinx. He had ran them a handful of times but on this occasion saw red and gave a few flakes of the Hurley he had in the boot to one of them.

I’d say he is fairly goosed. Not much sympathy for him locally. If I was cynical I’d say he bought the place with an eye to house immigrants in it and make a quick bob as there isn’t much else use for it

3 Likes

Phew! We’re in the clear.

8 Likes

I was hoping if was Davy when it was sent on to me first

2 Likes

Anyone from the bridge that I know fuckin hate him.

1 Like

‘they need a few good flakes of a hurley’ is often seen as the solution to societies ills in fairness.

this cant be true

https://twitter.com/culturaltutor/status/1759677978038980913/photo/1

1 Like

Hard believe only 3 larger buildings were built in the past 10 years or so?

https://twitter.com/CTGBreathnach/status/358021767710785536

Nope sounds like it’s defo a 12 year old boy

29 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

Nah.

In the Bull’s field this time.