Things I learned today (Part 2)

Class - Crosbie looks a 1700s Mr Flashy - little cunt

Thats a great X account. I enjoyed this one from a few days ago. The North Strand hasn’t changed much down the generations.

https://twitter.com/RobLooseCannon/status/1782726715380228191?t=aHwdC1LgQz4PtIX_2ptaqw&s=19

2 Likes

You’d see reference to Mud Island on the hoardings of those buildings being renovated on Ballybough Road.

1 Like

The pinking dindies would be a great name for a band.

Or a pub

There was an Irish background to the “One dog goes one way and the other goes the other” painting in the movie ‘Goodfellas’. The painting was by Goodfellas co-writer Nicholas Pileggi’s mother. It was a recreation of a photo of a man named John Weaving who lived on a houseboat on the River Shannon. The photo was published in November 1978 by National Geographic Magazine. It was a feature about the Shannon and the people and places along its banks.

IMG_8266

12 Likes

Might as well post it up.

1 Like

Griffin to his credit is an extremely successful businessman, compared to bluffers like O’Driscoll.

2 Likes

Don’t leave a paper spoon standing in a porridge at McDonald’s

2 Likes

Not sure what O Driscoll being a Buffers Alley man has to do with it. Very successful club

1 Like

Fuck the alley

This is the lad ‘Whiskey in the Jar’ was written about. A bit of a handful by all accounts.

https://twitter.com/RobLooseCannon/status/1785577580130689333?t=NN0veNcoAXzQ_cFwhXS4Jg&s=19

1 Like

"One dog goes one way and the other dog goes the other way

And this guys saying what you want from me? "

I presume everyone knows that’s Scorsese’s mother

3 Likes

They totally winged the scene also, no script.

There’s a pharmacy in Ballyhale.

2 Likes

The B in USA military plane names stands for Bomber and the F stands for Fighter.

a B 52 bomber

Happy Top Gun GIF by Cineworld Cinemas

1 Like

The members of aslan tried to get christy to sign over all his songwriting rights to them before he died. And they barely visited him when he was dying. (One of them did)

1 Like

Had he any bit of road frontage?