Things I learned today (Part 2)

The last freight train the run the Western Rail Corridor between Sligo and Claremorris was in 1975.

1 Like

Cavan lady Maggie Farrelly will be the first female to referee a men’s Allianz Football League game when she takes charge of the Division 4 clash between Leitrim and London in Carrick-on-Shannon this Sunday.

1 Like

There are no ladies from Cavan, let me tell you.

She was first woman to be linewoman for Dublin vs Kerry a few years ago. Very slow development on gaa’s behalf IMHO.

1 Like

Considering some of the dross they send out you’d imagine a woman would be well capable

1 Like

8 years in the difference from the Croke Park game. Absolutely ridiculous.

All three refs and possibly the asst refs in the u 20 6n last Friday were women. In a professional sport. You’d imagine they could push it on a bit more in gaa alright especially when such a shortage of refs

All to do with women’s rugby and men’s rugby being under the one umbrella organisation doesn’t it?

I haven’t a clue tbh. But assume all governed by world rugby alright as all refs work across competitions and locations

Maggie did the mens senior final in Cavan last year - no issues in what is generally a testy affair.
She’ll be the finest on Sunday and may expect a warm welcome from the Pairc Séan faithful.

2 Likes

Fine and bad some of them were too :smiley:

Paul Galvin’s auld lad played hurling with club in North Kerry called The Holy Terrors.

1 Like

Chris Martin is very posh.

Aston Villa fan Nigel Kennedy played violin on the Talk Talk Spirit of Eden album.

“Slave” is not a permitted word in Wordle.

3 Likes

I was wondering why he had it splashed on them tops he’s selling alright.

Did he ever make much money out of the capes he was selling in Dunnes?

Thread

2 Likes

The population of Russia has fallen by 1m since Putin came to power

The ONLY countries which still use the imperial system of measurement are USA, Liberia and Myanmar