Things I learned today (Part 2)

2 Likes

“music”

1 Like

‘Whitnail and I’ is tremendous fun. I might watch it again tonight. “I feel unusual” is probably the best line in any movie ever.

1 Like

Veronica Guerin played international football and basketball for Ireland.

Probably well known but I only learned it today.

8 Likes

Perverts Ted

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-named-second-most-sex-26684942

Iain Dowie played for Northern Ireland.

If everyone in the world participated in a Rock Paper Scissors tournament, the winner would only have to win 33 straight games.

6 Likes

Doing the fixtures for it would be a tough gig. You’d need to call in the CCCCC.

4 Likes

The Dazzler would be addled with the permutations after 3 rounds.

3 Likes

Like the auld one about doubling a grain of rice on each square of a chess board.

1 Like

In rural ireland, if a woman didnt want to have sex with her husband if she was menstruating, a menstruating inspector would call to the house to verify her claims

In Cork that person would generally be the womans brother.

2 Likes

Correct

In rural Ireland when it snowed, there used to be a competition where women would piss in the snow and whoever melted the most snow won

2 Likes

You never heard of a pissing contest?

It’s how the Slushy was invented.

4 Likes

I had a grandaunt was supposedly brilliant at it but it never snowed the years she was in her prime so she missed out on competing.

7 Likes

Incontinence after child birth was the cruciate ligament injury of its day.

3 Likes

A rupture of the Barry Gibb was another hazard of same.

If you had a piece of paper up to the task and you folded it in half 50 times it would reach the sun