Things I learned today (Part 2)

@LionelRitchie’s ma is minted. Lionel, have a browse of the business ideas thread and if there’s anything in there you like with my name on it I’ll gladly take investment. Form an orderly queue lads.

Vending machines are a mugs game I’m afraid but we’ll do you a price on a new Berlingo

2 Likes

There exists a thing called a chipolata.

Kerry has an international airport.

faranfore

madame has a laugh every time we drive past it at the b737s parked in a field

Dj Mark McCabe performed the live version of ‘Maniac 2000’ in Clontarf Cricket Club.

It’s class, like flying out of a bus station. 2 minutes from check in to the plane. There’s nothing to do far side is the only problem, though I think they’ve added a bar lately.

5 Likes

Healy Rae probably has the license.

There are inter county GAA players who are going out with girls they have never actually met.

12 Likes

If you’re talking about Football Paul that was a bullshit story he made up

I think I told the story here before about the time I was flying out of Kerry to Portugal on a sat evening, Kerry were playing a football qualifier and I wanted to have a few pints and watch the Gaa before the flight, anyways the bar was full( prob around 20 people in there!) so one of the staff tells me there’s a tv and bar area in the departure lounge, we head through anyways about 3 hrs before our flight only to find an old lady sitting at a kiosk selling cans of beer and listening to the match on a wireless, i says where’s the tv and she says shur it’s been broken for ages. She then asks me do I want to go back out through the door behind the kiosk back out of departures to watch the rest match and I could pop back through again when it’s over :grimacing:
Where would you get it only on Kerry :joy:

15 Likes

The population on the island of Ireland is now almost 7 million. There are over 5 million in the south and just over 1.9 million in the north.

5 Likes

Growth is slowing though. Be interesting to get the numbers after this census and see where we are

1 Like

Is it? Was projected to still be growing a lot in the next few years I had thought.

The last time Limerick qualified for a senior Munster hurling and football final in the same year was 1934.

This is fairly shocking
Nothing as sad as seeing an obese kid in a school environment
You know they’re going to be ridiculed possibly bullied
Low self esteem etc
Fuckin parents/ grandparents need to cop on putting kids in those situations

This stat I just learned today
Knew we weren’t fantastically great t as a nation but this is awful

2 Likes

You’d have a fair idea from just walking around and having a look.

A lot of overweight folk about, it will cripple the health service

1 Like

25% of the population,
On the law of averages that would mean about 5 posters on TFK are obese :open_mouth:

Yes it’s fair bleak but honestly didn’t think we were this bad
My estate and 2 others nearby contains some of the most obese ppl in Carrigaline
I don’t give a feck about fat mamas ( and it’s all big ladies near me I’m on about)
It’s the poor kids who are in fir a life of crap cos fat mammy doesn’t care about keeping their kids health in proper order
It’s a disgrace
If I’d fat kids my own gang would have mentioned it
Thankfully all are or were involved in sports or gym work/ training/ walking etc

2 Likes