Things I learned today (Part 2)

Itā€™s easier spot the trim/skinny ppl on my lunch hour walkā€¦ Fat folk under pressure everywhere

Fat people are usually poorer these days, they canā€™t afford proper food

1 Like

No wonder 5 lads on here were terrified of the Covid

2 Likes

Thatā€™s trueā€¦

Some of the trollies full of processed shite you see being pushed up and down the aisles.

Awful stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to know what calculation they use?
I weigh 10st 2lb and Iā€™m borderline obese by the BMI scale.

are you 4 ft?

1 Like

For adult men and women, a BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered healthy. Overweight is defined as a BMI between 25.0 and 29.9; and a BMI of 30 or higher is considered obese

If you have a good bit of muscle the BMI could be wrong but based on a quick look around most towns thatā€™s not the predominant issue

close enough

I am considered overweight on the bmi charts but Iā€™ve no idea where the excess weight is or how Iā€™d lose it.

Waist to height measurement is a good rule of thumb

However if your BMI is over 30 you probably need to stop deluding yourself

1 Like

BMI is a load of codswallop

3 Likes

Is that the bmi chart for Carlovians.

3 Likes

4ft 2.5

1 Like

Like @TreatyStones at a urinal I had to stay on my toes

Youā€™ll get into the guards now.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually in the brown on that one.

1 Like

Please convert that chart to inches.

1 Like

Our obsession with dining at petrol stations is a big factor in this. The emissions and the jambons are slowly killing us.

2 Likes

Peak XV was discovered to be the highest mountain in the world in 1856 and it was named Mount Everest in 1865 after Colonel Sir George Everest.

They measured it at 29002 feet - later adjusted to 29028 feet. Itā€™s official height today is 29031 feet.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true but come on Iā€™d a rake of kids in Derry in a deprived area but my kids got a cooked meal every day bar chipper on the occasional Friday
Which increased to each Friday when teens
All involved in some sports plus walking with dada
Lot to do with laziness and short cuts and lack of skills