Things I learned today (Part 2)

Wagon Wheel by Nathan Carter is a cover and was co-written by Bob Dylan

They cant all be classics Bob

You only found this out now? Surprised with you with your usual high quality music link posting here. I would have thought you were a boffin.

The best known version (outside of Ireland) is sang by Darius Rucker who you’ll remember from Hootie and the Blowfish

Hootie were at the peak of their powers and all over the radio during my summer of 95 in NYC

3 Likes

Walt Disney’s great Grandfather, Arundel Elias Disney, was born in Gowran, Co Kilkenny in 1801.

Some of his ancestors are buried in Tinryland, Co Carlow.

3 Likes

That song and Waterfalls by TLC was never off the radio in Boston in 1995

1 Like

Run around from Blues traveller

Lightning crashes from Live

Tomorrow from Silverchair

Better man from Pearl Jam

Good from Better than Ezra

I could go on and on

Great days, mostly hungover and choking on dust or insulation in 90 degree heat

1 Like

Do me a favour, don’t go chasing waterfalls

hed be much better off sticking to the rivers and lakes that hes used to

I know that you’re gonna have it your way or nothin’ at all…

Late with my information but here goes:

Christy Moore’s great grandfather came from Oylegate. He would have been one of the Power’s, of Power’s whiskey fame. Power’s used to get farmers from Oylegate up to Dublin during the winter months to work the distillery.

4 Likes

I don’t know what that is.

Belongs in the Marty thread !

Hedgehogs love cat kibble… i found one at my door last night and was thinking he took a wrong turn but a quick Google tells me they love cat food so he was after the grand prize at the front door.

1 Like

Be careful. They can move surprisingly fast.
The wife has been feeding one. It made a bit of a go for her. I think they are a bit blind.

The part of the Limerick-Cork border between the two red lines follows the path of the River Maigue, from where it rises near Milford to where it fully enters County Limerick near Ballyagran.

Thugs were a band of Indian murderers devoted to the Hindu God Kali who set upon travelers and ritually strangled them before robbing them. This practice was called thuggee.

3 Likes

You never saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

No I hate those kind of silly adventure films.

1 Like

I read about these chaps when researching our bushwhackers … The Indian variation was far more religious Voodoo than moral/land related that many of our secret societies were.

1 Like