Things I learned today (Part 2)

Just when you thought the Canadians and Danes couldnā€™t be more fucking dull

3 Likes

Only once before has an the All Ireland Hurling Final been played in July - the 1911 decider.

The game was supposed to feature Limerick and Kilkenny, but Limerick refused to play in Thurles, after the original fixture on 18th February 1911 fixed for Cork was postponed owing to the state of the pitch. Munster runners up Tipperary were nominated to play in Limerickā€™s absence - the final being deferred to 28th July 1912.

Kilkenny were the winners by 3-3 to 1-1.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a bad omen for Limerick.

To the best of my knowledge Kerry had only played Dublin once in July in the All-Ireland football championship before last Sunday, and Kerry won that one 0-5 to 0-2 in the 1904 All-Ireland football final, played on July 1, 1906.

When I found that out I knew Dublin hadnā€™t a prayer.

Wasnā€™t an all Ireland final. KK were awarded the title when Limerick didnā€™t fulfill the fixture. They were already champions when they played the exhibition match in July. I read about this before some book by Raymond Smith that escapes me

1 Like

Delighted to give that the number 10.

these 2 degenerate cunts are allowed March on the 12 th by the ā€˜inclusiveā€™ orange order

Sunday Miscellanyā€™s first story this morning is about this.

Theyā€™re all that way

1 Like

Buff Eganā€™s name is Francis

3 Likes

You can see why he changed it.
Buff Francis doesnā€™t have the same ring to it.

5 Likes

Octopuses have blue blood, three hearts and a doughnut-shaped brain.

Tory cunts.

4 Likes

Incredibly intelligent animals too. Thereā€™s a really good documentary about, I know this sounds weird, a fella befriending an octopus!

1 Like

Great story.

There was a similar one about a man who befriended a brown bear. Eventually the bear ate him.

2 Likes

Grizzly man, a great doc

4 Likes

Bang put it up on IPTV

1 Like

No way- did you ask for it

it was the defining movie of our groups twenties

Grizzly Man. The last few moments footage is bizarre. He trying to give out to the bear as it mauls him. Mad shit.

Sounds like a storyline from The Boys @Turenne

3 Likes
4 Likes