Things I learned today (Part 2)

There are manually operated gates across the road at the trainline in ashtown. A lad comes out of a portacabin and rolls them across the road. Madness.

1 Like

Not always

Down in Clonsilla a lad turns a wheel to make sure dates rolls back

Thereā€™s a lad in Clonsilla controlling time then??

9 Likes

What do you mean? Sometimes they are automatic? That makes no sense.

Pretty much. He does weights between level crossing rolls

Go automatic after 7pm

Or should I say electric

Not any moreā€¦ Its now covered by the same gtee as AIB etc. since they got the banking licence in Ireland

They also claim that their cards are 5 times less likely to be scammed than others due to enhanced security but no idea how valid that claim is!!!

Donā€™t confuse being registered as equating to having a license here.
Revolut is a Credit Institution authorised in another Member State of the EEA which has notified the Financial Regulator of its intention to provide deposit-taking and other services in the State on a cross-border basis.

If there is an issue with your deposit you contact Lithuanian authorities

1 Like

1 Like

The lithuanians will need a fair few bob if they have to bail out revolute

Limerick people donā€™t know how to use roundabouts.

1 Like

in fairness, most people dont know how to use a roundabout, or indicators.

@maurice_brown in anti cager post

id never thought id see the day

1 Like

I have to share the roads with muppets everyday. The bane of my life.

To give Limerick people some credit, the brightly coloured pedestrian crossings immediately prior to their roundabouts are probably a distraction.

Steve Bruce scored 19 goals from centre back for United in the 90-91 season.

The gap between the stegosaurus and T-Rex is greater than the gap between T-Rex and now.

7 Likes

Bruce was the penalty taker that year I think.

Fairly sure Bruce was penalty taker up until Cantona joined. I remember him missing one against Sheffield Utd where he hit the post in Brammall Lane and I donā€™t think he took any after that. Irwin and Cantona took over.

@Cheasty will probably remember it better

Bruce is one of the highest scoring centre backs of all time. If he didnā€™t look like the elephant man heā€™d have been capped for Englandā€¦

Itā€™s actually not right he was never capped