Things I learned today (Part 2)

He had a great headed goal robbed off him on the line by mark Hughes in the CWC final v Barca that year too.
Obviously his two headers v Sheffield wed in 93 are ICONIC

Setanta Ɠ hAilpĆ­n now runs a coffee shop called the Irish Butterbiscuit in Heathmont, Victoria just outside Melbourne, with his mother. Heā€™s 39 now.

2 Likes

Revolut hacked and data of over 50k customers was downloadedā€¦

Youā€™d want to be crazy to use this for real banking) large sums.

Road Novel an album by a fella called Jimmy Lafave is a grand album as these things go. I never heard of him. Found him through mission creep whilst streaming today.

Motherwell have previously won the Copa del Rey.

1 Like

Could have played for Ireland only a B International cap for England disqualified him I think.

That and Ferguson being a fucking Cunt

1 Like

Unami is one of the five main tastes.

@Big_Dan_Campbell will explain it all to ye.

Thereā€™s an awful unami taste off those tomatoes.

Martin Keown played with Reading in the Championship

His two headed goals against Sheff Wed in 1993 were memorable, only exceeded by the gaffer and Brian Kiddā€™s reactions after the second.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one.

1 Like

Hollywood actor Anthony Quinn was a Mexican Irish whose grandfather Frank Quinn had emigrated fro Cork to Mexico. There had been a sizeable Irish community in Chihuahua, Northern Mexico.

That was a great Wednesday side. Hirst, Waddle, Sheridan, Sinton.

I always thought he had some Italian in him as well. But seemingly not.

The video store Blockbuster took its name the term derived when a movie would be released and lead to queues around a block.

There was an army called the Sant Patricioā€™s who fought for Mexico against US, formed of those of Irish origin. Zoro is from Wexford.

3 Likes

James Taylor wrote this hit as a reaction to his best friendā€™s suicide.

7 Likes

A fella from Dublin called Andy McEvoy was joint top scorer in the English top flight in 1965 with Jimmy greaves. Literally never heard tell of him.

He won a heap of international caps around the era of Johnny Fullam, Paddy Ambrose, Paddy Coad etc all who plied their trade in the LOI.
Heā€™d be well known by the 60ā€™s footix.

2 Likes

In the 1830s the Swedish navy planted 300,000 oak trees for wood for their ships in a hundred years or so. They were planted between larch and spruce trees so theyā€™d grow very tall and straight.

5 Likes