Things I learned today (Part 2)

Think he married Michael Owens sister

1 Like

Correct

Now divorced and has remarried

1 Like

Did the same myself. Albeit in the local supermarket so all the beef came in broken down. But you’d have to be able to break down a pig and lamb. We had one head butcher who got in sides of beasts, fucking heavy yokes to wield from the freezer to the block.

A noble trade.

5 Likes

My nephew works in a butcher’s in Dublin.Hes there about 3 years,not sure if he’s learning the trade or just serving the customers.Id have loved to be a butcher.These lads will be fairly tasty in a year

6 Likes

Just watched it there, fuck me that takes me back. You’d spend the morning breaking down a beast side. What was interesting, for me at least, was that he lead with his index finger as a technique on some of his cutting, I was taught to use your index finger knuckle (if you get me), you have more power when you are in the ball and socket areas.
Beautiful side of beef he was working with, clean as a whistle. See the way he was out of breath, using the handsaw too, tough work, you’d be sweating beads out of you doing it.

1 Like

Dangerous bastards. God bless our farmers for stopping their environmental destruction

3 Likes

why do you hate children having a future

Can we still eat Pigs & Chickens?

Children? What sort of sick selfish bastard brings children into a world on the brink of destruction?

2 Likes

ill allow it

@MountLeinster @Horsebox @maurice_brown

Eskimoos?

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

If you have a better way to make ice cream I’m sure the HB lads will be all ears

fucking hell lads.

What’s up, Petal??

Nobody wants to see the sausage made.

Difficult to fatten an animal in that weather in fairness. Terribly inefficient, far too much feed just to keep them warm. They should really chat Teagasc for advice.

They probably had a dose of scour and had to be put in isolation.