Things I learned today (Part 2)

Heā€™s worshiped in Cark.

I got done dirty there :joy:

Might be Dysart ā€“ one of the most beautiful places in Ireland and a great fishing spot.

2 Likes

That Jese Rodriguez, who managed to get handy game time at Real Madrid when Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Di Maria were in their pomp is a complete header off the pitch.

Youā€™ll have to click the twitter link to follow the thread

3 Likes

Herself and Sarah McInerney and another blonde lad who has done well were all on it as guests very regularly. That show was great TV on many nights. Especially given the state of the country then

Could never get the real high level guests but the pundits were young and hungry and Browne didnā€™t give a fuck.

Even granting VB good health, if you brought all the same people back again, you couldnā€™t recreate it.

PSG paid 30million or something for him and tried to give him back after about 10days!

A hape of Hippotamus bones were found in the UK. :exploding_head:

@TreatyStones

Ireland has a big brother/sister programme.

Juventus was the Roman goddess of youth

Did the romans pronounce it with a ā€˜Jā€™ like Juventus legend chippy brady?

Interviewer: How do you explain this 4 year gap on your resume?

Me: Thatā€™s when I went to Yaleā€¦

Interviewer: Thatā€™s impressive. You are hired.

Me: Thanks. I really need this yob.

28 Likes

Not too sure. Itā€™s a Latin word not an Italian word so Iā€™ll defer to @anon67715551

1 Like

Itā€™s derived from Latin although J wasnā€™t in the original alphabet.
Some ancient hymn we were forced to chant involved the words ā€˜iuventutis meumā€™ - something to do with youth.

2 Likes

Andrew Tate is very well known by young boys,

LT Robert ā€œBobā€ Floyd in Top Gun Maverick (great callsign by the way) is played by Lewis Pullman, the son of Bill Pullman.

Jennifer Connellys Penny Benjamin is referenced in the original Top Gun. His commanding officer reads a litany of his bad-boy behavior as exposition, including ā€œhigh-speed passes over five air-control towers and one admiralā€™s daughter.ā€ At the accusation, Goose whispers the womanā€™s name: Penny Benjamin. Meg Ryanā€™s Carole also mentions the incident later in the film, teasing Maverick about the time he went ā€œballisticā€ with Penny Benjamin, the admiralā€™s daughter.

Incidentally, Top Gun Maverick brought home more footage than all of the Lord of the Rings films combined.

I may be slow on the uptake here but I just learned that John Lydon and PiL are entering a song in the contest to be the Irish entry in the Eurovision.

@Fagan_ODowd

Should I know them mate ?

Ever hear of The Sex Piistols bro?

I have indeedā€¦donā€™t ask me to name one of their songs though

Nevermind the Bollocks @farmerinthecity