Things I learned today (Part 2)

Sugababes push the button over the video

No IPTV?

We do but still have basic sky

:clap::clap:

Now if only I could find the firestick remote the 2 year old was fond of walking around with.

1 Like

What’s the deal here?

They were always a bit shite at taking team photos but then realised that the worse they got the luckier they were, so they leaned into it

2 Likes

In the meantime you can use the Fire TV mobile app which doubles up as a remote. Works great when you’re stuck.

3 Likes

I meant to add that after - already done

Wtf. This is something I’ve learned today

1 Like

Well, that is what the thread is for. You shouldn’t be surprised

Read Ordinary Men by Christopher Browning. Mad what humans will do to each other

1 Like
1 Like

That’s a great bit of info.
How did Eddie Jordan make the money to get into F1 in the first place?

Lied, borrowed and begged. Bernie Ecclestone took a shining to him and provided a few loans at times. Eddie got a nice few quid out of giving Schumacher his debut and made a lot of money off managing drivers like Irvine, used pay drivers a lot at the start. His team was tiny and you could operate off smaller budgets in 91/92/93. The team was well established by the time spending started to go off the rails in 1997/1998.

Jordan himself is worth an absolute fortune now. Same with Irvine. Hundreds of millions each of personal wealth

2 Likes

He was a real wheeler dealer too, a likable rogue and chancer who could charm anyone.

Of course his real trump card was Gary Anderson. Once he got a competitive car out of Anderson’s genius, he could sell sell sell. He also had a great eye for a driver.

In the end the engine deals done for him but he’d kissed the skit at that point.

Keanu Reeves is 58!

Russell Brand is 47 and going grey.

Elton John played piano on a Saxon album.