Things I learned today (Part 2)

Yeah he’s from my local club Carrigaline
Lately CCFC
Yes he’s v good

2 Likes

Cork City have confirmed that talented youngster Matthew Moore has signed for Hoffenheim.

The midfielder will join the Bundesliga side in July after the two clubs agreed a undisclosed compensation package in line with FIFA regulations, which also ensures future benefits for City as his career develops.

The Ireland Under 16 captain joined the Rebel Army from Carrigaline United at U14 level and has impressed at both club and international ever since, culminating in this transfer to the German top flight.

“This is a really good opportunity for Matthew, and we are pleased with how the discussions between the two clubs have progressed also," City’s Head of Academy, Liam Kearney told the club’s official website.

"We have had a very positive and professional dialogue with Hoffenheim, and we are pleased with the outcome.

2 Likes

You weren’t long coming up with the official statement. Great work - reads well.

1 Like

Copy n paste :crown:
Great to see our young talent getting a chance

Alistair Campbell and Gary Lineker went to the same school, albeit 3 years apart.

1 Like

5K a day.

Wall St in New York takes it name from a wall the Dutch built where the street now runs. They built it to keep out the British when the Netherlands first occupied what was then called New Amsterdam (it didn’t work).

2 Likes

It’s called New York as the Duke of York sent a fleet there in 1664 and Dutch surrendered without a fight. Population then was about 2000.

1 Like

Sure if he’s paying 5k a day he must be making 10k a day

I’d say Sting gets all the royalties for that song.

For years The Rolling Stones got all the royalties for The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony.

Very doubtful. But the song made Diddy so I’d say he accepts it and moves on.

Is it not a %?

Not necessarily. If you use it with permission you might negotiate a deal. I think he used it without permission so pays the lot.

Poor old vanilla ice barely saw a dime from Ice Ice baby for lifting the beat from Queen and Bowie’s Under Pressure.
He still denies it I’d say. I saw an interview with Mr Vanilla years back where he was claiming it was a different beat.

Still though all was not lost as his fame from that song around the time helped him get with a prime time Madonna and even a role in her book Sex.

I think he works in a bike shop now

1 Like

The ‘other fella’ from Wham, Andrew Ridgeley did the same I think. He worked in one with his missus who was in Bananarama.

Or I could be imagining all that.

I believe George Michael was incredibly kind to Andrew as regards royalty earnings, he’s a very wealthy man

1 Like

He gave him writing credits on songs where he had no input.

2 Likes

George Michael was supposed to be a thoroughly decent sort from what I’ve read @backinatracksuit

2 Likes