Things I learned today (Part 2)

We’re now the same as fish - definitely for the month of June anyway.

does the fish require major reconstructive surgery, a life time of drugs to stop their body from going back to what it was originally and a lifetime of therapy?

asking for a friend

8 Likes

Glas won’t like this

I’m starting to think a lot of the trans movement is homophobic. Just because you are sexually attracted to men or don’t behave or think like gender norms expect a man to behave or think doesn’t make you not a man.

couldnt rule that out at all. then again couldnt rule out russian and chinese bots contributing to the online carnage on the debate to enable the decline of western civilisation.

id say that most people with severe gender dysphoria would like the RATs to FOAD

That seems to be the sense of it alright. A lot of normal gay people don’t want anything to do with the last few bits of the acronym/doctrine as some see it as possibly the window the weirdos get in.

The corporates are way off beam on it too which isn’t helping. Appreciate that they have have to plan comms and execution months in advance, but the lack of reading the room is fairly obvious and is pissing a lot of the people who didn’t mind the last few years force-feeding of it. They’re the people who start boycotting things and affecting the revenues of the corporate woke soldier.

The disconnect between the corporates ad campaigns in West and Middle East around Pride makes me think it’s all bottom line focussed rather than based on any moral position

2 Likes

of course it is. they think their bottom line is tied to their CEI score. my brother in law was instrumental in getting his company to sign up for pride and got national media coverage for doing so. a couple of years later he was very regretful of what hed done as the corporate floats have taken over and the community are left behind.

you also create an attitude like demonstrated by dublin pride when RTE had the temerity to discuss trans issues

of course anheuser busch and gilette are examples of what happens when you get too wrapped up in it.

someone needs to remind companies that we are customers, not acolytes to be preached at.

5 Likes

Of course it is. And it’s the Middle East and Africa where the pride is actually required but the “courageous” companies won’t dare put up a pride flag there

1 Like

easier to put a man trolling women on a can of beer

Of course it is. An ESG score I think, although Art has a different take on it above but it’s in around the same type of signalling. Similar metric gauge.

Deeply sinister stuff. It’s bonkers the amount of people out there who are content out just being shovel-fed manure and never asking a question, doing their darkness to light thing, previously Mowvember, vaccines (as many as you want me to take, sir).

Plenty of lads on here in the category.

4 Likes

Harry Nilsson’s third (and final wife) was Una O’Keeffe (they were married for his last 18 years and had six kids). She’s originally from Tipp.

George Weah is the President of Liberia

That wedding ceremony was held up numerous times I believe. Everyone was talking at him during it.

1 Like

There are more flamenco schools in Japan than in Spain.

1 Like

From lobbing to lobbying

1 Like

The Portuguese football team sporting lisbon is not called sporting lisbon at all

Yes, like Inter Milan, Glasgow Rangers/Celtic, Athletic Bilbao are Internazionale, Rangers, Celtic and Athletic Club.

1 Like

It was common in the 40s and 50s for women & children to put their feet into an x-ray machine as part of fitting on new shoes to see how their bones adapted to the shoe before radiation concerns put an end to the practice

What are they called?