Things that annoy you about Ireland

1 Partition
2 Our subservience to big business and their jobs promises - can’t even bring in a tax on soft drinks without Coca Cola threatening job losses and we pull the plug on the plan. FFS sake.
3 Our planners - the bankers have all the blame for the recession but they’re a product of a capitalist environment and why wouldn’t they keep lending. The fucking planners lost the run of themselves completely, fueled the boom and put fuck all safeguards in place for sustainable development.
4 Our big 2 political parties - horrid beasts.

Keeping this free of COTY types who have their own thread.

6 Likes

5 Cork

1 Like

The fact that people deem boot cut jeans as acceptable attire

4 Likes

Our self loathing

1 Like

The fact that the majority of the population can’t have a decent night or enjoy themselves without getting paralytic from drink

7 Likes

Galway.

1 Like

Our lack of forward planning in every situation… We have to wait to react to everything instead of acting first.

1 Like

It has been widely commented on here before- the the need for world validation - It’s not unusual for small countries or countries with a colonial past to seek this but we take it to new high every fucking time.

8 Likes

A great example of things that annoy me about Ireland. Our self loathing

1 Like

Its disgusting the way some Irish people eat themselves into a state. Big fat fuckers everywhere nowadays,
gulping down coke and deep frying their dinners and feeding the same to their kids. This carryon is now totally acceptable. Its seems its fine to raise your offspring in Ireland the same way youd fatten a herd of Aberdeen Angus cattle. If you are from a ‘socially deprived’ area then its almost expected from you.

2 Likes

Running on GMT - I think we should be running closer to American time than we currently are - This would surely give us an advantage in the corporate world but more importantly make NFL MNF, TNF and SNF more accessible to Irish citizens.

4 Likes

[pedantry]We don’t run on GMT. We apply daylight savings.[/pedantry]

i get annoyed with the amount of feral young scumbags walking the streets of this country in tracksuits and hoodies

7 Likes

Ok- GMT comments stricken out -the rest stands.

That comes down to ignorance and laziness. Unfortunately it is not just an Irish trait

Agreed. We are absolutely unreal for it. Best in the world.

4 Likes

The fact that we are now a slave to corporate America.

What would have been the highpoint of this? I’m thinking Obama perhaps?

You are missing the joke, but yes the carry on surrounding various American presidents is absolutely cringeworthy.
The Obama one in particular.

middle aged and older women who queue at your shoulder as they hedge their bets that a cashier or similar will allow them slip in ahead of you

Annoys me more than it should.

3 Likes