Things that annoy you about Ireland

Did you see what the Brits had to say about yesterday’s hurling game?

or the Gay vote was a big’un also.

3 Likes

Oh no I get the joke, I’m just wondering about the most cringeworthy one. Ali in Clare was pretty bad also. Another element is our bandwagoning nature, something only amplified by our joe.ie/social network culture.

The fact that getting my away with something or not doing something properly is something people are proud of. Do your job to the best of your ability.

3 Likes

“Beating the system”

I’m not sure Obama was the zenith of that.

He’s legitimately one of the most famous people in the world - so there was too much fawning and ObamaPlaza-ing and all that sort of carry on, and his speech (that he didn’t write I’m sure) was overly analysed for key insights about what makes us so special, but I think he comes packaged with reactionary hysteria.

That’s exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for summarising for me.

The education system

The health system

The taxation system

Lads posting hilarious videos of their reaction to sporting events

2 Likes

That teachers get pay rises…

Some auld wan tried skipping me in a very obvious queue for the shop the other day. Circa 3-4 waiting behind me for two tills, she walks straight up to the front then and stands behind the customer at till number two. As luck would have it till one opened up first, she went for that then but her being old I comfortably beat her to it. Gave me daggers then the cunt. I wouldn’t mind but she obviously had nowhere to be and I was resplendent in my suit and clearly an important businessman. Fucking auld wans think they can do what they want.

3 Likes

The weather.

Our lax attitude to white collar crime.

Our “public transport system”.

The state of our roads.

Our licencing laws.

2 Likes

People not letting old women to the top of a queue - that’s some sickening shit. Old people have laboured hard and queued enough during their life not to be shown some sort of respect.

4 Likes

Fuck them, most of them never worked a day in their lives and have nowhere to be.

Exhibit A. Ireland is fucked.

trying to decide on the Luas if a man or woman is sufficiently old to offer them your seat without causing offence to them

The lack of an orange light before traffic lights turn green leading to drivers being less than timely in moving ahead when lights turn green and my being caught again on red

1 Like

Those old people presided over a fucking shambles of a country in their prime and are the reason we are where we are now. Electing fellas based on civil war politics 60 years after the fucking thing was over, allowing the Catholic church to enslave the country, accepting emigration as a way of life etc. etc.

1 Like

The attitude of FF/FG middle Ireland to anyone that isn’t part of it no matter how convincing their argument or perspective on a given topic, youth in particular:

As Horsey said, the licensing laws is one example, “sure young people just want to stay out drinking all night.”

Recession, sure they can fucking emigrate.

Collective pay agreements, keep what we have, fuck over all future teachers and nurses.

Job bridge. Unpaid “internships”.

1 Like

Separate hot and cold taps when washing your hands

4 Likes

Hot taps for hand washing with boiling water in them, where else would you get it?