Things that are right

Hell yeah. :clap:

No Limousin ??

Not a farm.

[quote=“the mixer walsh, post: 165438”]
Fellas like myself or yourself prob would have a loader in order to feed the cows but what about a young fella of 36 months. He’s not going to have a loader, I tell ya what he’ll have, 10 dead cows and 4 bales of untouched hay. Poor introduction to farming by this crowd I have to say.[/quote]

Marketing genius from Britains. Get the young fella to make a simple choice, either let his new prize cattle die or else force his parent to spend another €20 on getting him some machinery.

You’d wonder at the logic of a sheep dog on a dairy farm aswell, Mixer. Also farmers rarely bother with warning signs for bulls.

You’re right. Directly under the loss leader of the flawed farmyard, Britains are hawking a Massey 6480 and loader for €25. Clever bastards.

Fellas like myself or yourself prob would have a loader in order to feed the cows but what about a young fella of 36 months. He’s not going to have a loader, I tell ya what he’ll have, 10 dead cows and 4 bales of untouched hay. Poor introduction to farming by this crowd I have to say.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER, post: 165443”]

You’re right. Directly under the loss leader of the flawed farmyard, Britains are hawking a Massey 6480 and loader for €25. Clever bastards.[/quote]

:clap:

Its what we in the marketing game call an “up-sell”

I can’t believe I was such a fool.

I’m still going to buy both items however because I need them. Instead of a candelabra on my dining room table, visitors will be greeted with a small farmyard and some wintering facilities.

http://www.farmtoysonline.co.uk/images/products/large/1731.jpg

This is where it’s at for the budding farmer. Includes 2 sheep and 1 ram

SS or Mixer would you know the main differences between Irish farming methods and the Brits? Why is our meat and produce so much better than theirs?

They are remarkably backward, Horsebox. There’s many the Brit farmer hasn’t even a crush. They’re still bollixing around with timber gates for christ sake. Look at yer man on Countryfile for instance with his toy cattle and auld sheep. Shur he can’t be making money.

Ahh the aul Irish produce can’t be bate don’t ya know, to be sure. We peddle pishogues about our methods and how they are unique to us Paddies and the result is beef etc that can’t be replicated anywhere else in the world.
Basically we’re cuter than the Brits

Serious value SS**. Go for it.

I spent an epic few hours with my nephew last week, rounding up a few cows and housing them for the winter.

How do you think I could get a baby girl interested in this?

I’ll have 30 acres to offer to her in about 20 years time so I need an angle to make this attractive

If a fella got a few fistfuls of real silage and maybe chopped it up a bit finer with a scissors or what not, he’d have enough fodder for the whole winter in the land of Britains farming I’d say.

Just add a few ponies and horses into the mix, Fran. Available at your local Britains agent.

I had a right good timber hand made farm a local fella made for me when I was born, a good solid farm house and barn, along with a decent 4ft x 3ft green felt board. It was generally a happy place but there were a few awful massacres on it when the soldiers used to set up HQ there for wars. Many the cow was crushed by a german tank.

What I never understood was fellas who had an interest in roadworks and the bits of cones and signs to do with them. If someone bought you one of these roadworks tractors it was an awful gaffe and resulted in a chronic lack of esteem.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/AuctionImages/360/2568_l.jpg

Jesus, look at little Lord Fauntelroy. The local serfs bringing hand carved farm toys up to the house to mark his birth.

:clap:

Kill the fattened plastic calf