Things that are right

I watched it about 7 times last night. I think it’s absolutely brilliant.

[center]I’m just saying , you might get sick of the waiting ’round. The waiting for buses and girls but one’s late and one’s not coming at all and I don’t know which is which anymore.[/center][center]I’m just saying it’s plans not TVs out the window now and you might get sick of waiting for the lights to change, but in the meantime it’s all still Night Life, Track Four, Red Arse, old runners, Casual Certs, X-Box heroics, double yellows, Luas tickets for roaches, black pudding, shit gigs, hand balls, change pints, bookies pens and I can’t afford the banter anymore.[/center][center]I’m trying to keep the faith and I still believe in Bewley’s and Elvis but you might get sick waiting for days when you’re not always looking over your shoulder but there’s streets ruined on me now and I can’t walk down them without thinking about it.[/center][center]I’m just saying you might get sick of the wet weeks, the wet jeans, wet socks, wet funerals and wet streets and it’s all getting a little harder to justify, roaring We Are Your Friendsat heads you don’t know in a gaff you’ve never been before and you never will be again, as London and Sydney swallow your mates; Any craic? No, youse fucked off.[/center][center]But there’s always reasons for optimism, MacGowan and McGrath still walk this earth but we can’t be far off now, and I’m still waiting for that perfect summer’s forever day of long shadows and lens flares but you get a long weekend in May and you go apeshit and get lobster burnt to fuck and that’s all you get and you won’t know it ’til August, but come next May you’ll still be first in line on Portmarnock Strand in your togs and goose bumps, grinning like a fucking lunatic.[/center][center]And I keep thinking can we have a bit of restraint, but I’m hardly the one to talk, Someone told me the third secret of Fatima but I was pissed and I forgot it. Fuck it, I’ll probably never see the Winter Solstice at Newgrange either but as long as you can Like This we’re all grand and we’re all connected.[/center][center]I’m just saying you can fill every night talking about the one before. Magnificent bastards and the lost city of Dutch Gold, empty taxi, racist taxi, danger taxi, Crouching tiger hidden naggin, Smoking sections, 90s babies, the black in, Zaytoon or Empty Pockets, the fear, the St. Christopher texts, the flood of tea and excuses and I’m just drowning in all the charm and bollix. Youse missed out and we’ve the same photos as everyone else to prove it.[/center][center]I’m just saying sometimes we’re too tough on ourselves and most of the time we’re never tough enough, And the birds left here aren’t that bad they just need to wash the fake tan off and not be so easily convinced. You’ll never fool anyone that you’re from the Beach Cities and you don’t need to,[/center][center]But we’re at our holiest when it’s the last song and we’re all soaked in pub juice and desperate, when the boys choir tells us to look each day and night in the eye, before the gorgeous giddy promise of a Friday’s turned to scabbed smokes and kebab wrappers.[/center][center]I’m just saying, The Specials were bang on about everything but the clubs closing down, and the answers aren’t on Harcourt Street and they never were, in the crowd and out of your snack box, and I’m still trying to find the glow,[/center][center]And the craic is dead but the wheel’s still turning and the days take months but the year flies and then it’s lads on boats home and Christmas crawls and soggy resolutions.[/center][center]I’m just saying, you might get sick of it all but you might miss it too and there’s ten good reasons to go but a thousand tiny ones not to and I don’t know which is which anymore. [/center]

i was cynical enough about that but its pretty good

up the ra

Jaysus that’s pure horseshit.

late burst for worst poster of the year…nyuck, nyuck[/center]

It’s probably a generational thing Fagan. If it was about secretely fancying biddy from glenroe and the pope’s visit you’d have loved it.

:lol:

Indeed.

I’m just saying like, on the one hand things are shite, but on the other hand maybe they’re not. I’ve been listening to cunts like him who think they are the next Brendan Behan for far too long.

That’s brilliant stuff thrawneen.

I think that’s a little unfair. The video is VERY nice and the words manage to fit in a huge amount of Irish culture/life for those of us who are 25-40 or thereabouts, but in a poetic way. It reads wonderfully well. I think that’s it. It’s cool. It doesn’t have to be a grand statement or the beginning of a new Irish Literary Tradition or anything.

I watched Brendan Behan’s Dublin last night on Youtube, incidentally. Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. He was in the same class in school as my Dublin grandfather.

An Arizona sheriff has announced plans to deploy an armed volunteer posse to protect students in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. :guns:

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse Out of the corner of my eye I turned to look but it was gone I cannot put my finger on it now The child is grown The dream is gone I… Have become comfortably numb.

Can you swing a sack of knobs?

That is absolute fucking shite, Thraw.

The Environment Minister Phil Hogan has thanked all those who have registered their properties and paid the household charge.

its fcuking woeful,

[quote=“The Runt, post: 165610”]
Can you swing a sack of knobs?
[/quote]Can I?

Scoffing Polish cuisine and surrounded by beautiful women all day, you probably haven’t been effected much by the issues spoken about in the video, balbec.

all true mate. The difference is I was wide enough to get the fuck out of Oireland.

shur someone has to stay behind and pick da potatos

Being at a panto with 4 under 10s and seeing their faces as they shout down the bad guys.