Things that are right

MBB is going to write a novel about his fry-making exploits I believe.

Not sure I’d hammer too many pages out of how to make the perfect fry, perhaps I could blog on it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You’re spending too much time reading Gangaire’s posts.

I suppose one of your fry ups made the papers?[/quote]

I think you’re taking my post too literally there farmer, you ok?

MBB is fooking bang on here, the only person that can make the perfect fry up for you is yourself. Only you know when to flip the egg so that the yolk has the right amount of runnyness in it for the dippin’, only you know to the nearest millimetre where to cut the black and white puddings before slapping them on the pan. Anybody else cokking your fry will get these two methods very wrong indeed!

John Smith’s Magnet.

Roast stuffed Pork steak with roasted potatoes and gravy

I’m a whizz at making that, Pukey. But today it’s roast smoked bacon.

puke loves his gravy

Cant bate a nice gravy. Gravy can make or break a dinner.

gravys & a fry - a bogtrotters delight -

To a jackbooted, vein spiked, city dweller, gravy comes in a little tub from the chipper.

as fingal is rich in land & sea us fingalians tend to look down on people who eat gravy- our food stands alone -gravy smacks of desperation of people who dont trust their culinary skills or the ingredients & they need to drown out the taste

~Sniggers~

One of these days you’ll suffocate in your own bullshite.

Since when has this thread turned into the things that are wrong thread?

Onions are right.

I love the things.

Red onions, garlic, chillies, Tabasco sauce and stuffed olives are all superb. Do not eat any of the first three mentioned when heading out on the town however.

Stuffed olives are my snack of choice with beer. Had a few tins of them while drinking on a night train from Barcelona to Valencia a few years ago and have been converted ever since. Nothing like them. Homemade potato cakes with chilli, red onion and cod chopped through them, with butter and salt are another ideal home drinking companion.

Fingal the beautiful, from sea to shining sea. I can imagine the typical NCC TV dinner alright. Freshly caught Liffey trout, deep fat fried in Castrol GTX.

Class.

tonight I had freshly caught haddock smokies,scallion rissotto & chardonnay caramel

Very nice NCC but does the Chardonnay caramel not smack of desperation of people who dont trust their culinary skills or the ingredients & they need to drown out the taste? :slight_smile: