Things that are right

I believe you, thousands wouldn’t, mate. You have a very understanding lady @Juhniallio -you’re a lucky man.

I do indeed. Although i was at the wall gig with a couple of my brothers on a ticket she bought me so it was partially her fault.

Ah very good. I also “had” a ticket for that gig. Turns out that when the lad who was supposed to be getting the tickets said that he had booked the tickets, what he actually meant was that he hadn’t booked the tickets and he thought that me or another lad was going to book it. Once the confusion was realised 2 weeks ago, it turns out that none of the 3 of us were that bothered about going anyway-life works out well sometimes I suppose.

Was it good?

Unbelievable. An incredible theatrical experience. I knew their shows were legendary but still wasnt ready for it. Flying zeppelin pigs, crashing planes, 20 metre tall crazed puppets, mental surround sound effects and of course a tv wall the width of the aviva.

:clap::clap::pint::pint::pint::pint:

Gutted I missed it :frowning:

Saw it last year, immense.

Saw Roger Waters in the O2 last year and it was amazing. I wasn’t sure it would work in a large outdoor stadium but by all accounts last night was even better than his O2 gig.

Was mad to go, no one would come with. Way to rub it in. Fuck you Phil. :frowning:

You lads should’ve been born in the 40s so you could have gone and stroked your chins to the theatrical, pretentious bollocks like Emerson Lake and fucking Palmer and Rick Wakeman.

Pink Floyd were brilliant up until Wish You Were Here. Everything from The Wall onwards is the kind of over-produced and bloated shite that marketing executives who drive Ford Mondeos listen to.

Waters is a huge Neil Young fan. He should be ashamed of himself.

Were you on drugs?

Good pints of Smithwicks & plenty of them.:pint: My hole is sure to collapse in the morning :eek:

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 834426, member: 129”]You lads should’ve been born in the 40s so you could have gone and stroked your chins to the theatrical, pretentious bollocks like Emerson Lake and fucking Palmer and Rick Wakeman.

Pink Floyd were brilliant up until Wish You Were Here. Everything from The Wall onwards is the kind of over-produced and bloated shite that marketing executives who drive Ford Mondeos listen to.

Waters is a huge Neil Young fan. He should be ashamed of himself.[/quote]

Wind your neck in thraw. Smoke a joint, listen to comfortably numb and tell me it’s not genius.

You just got angry cos i used the word theatrical. I apologise.

Everything feels better with a James Blunt on board.

:rolleyes:

Good man harry. I’ve spent most of the day with the worst case of hooch hoop i’ve ever had. Felt like a couple of badgers fighting in my hole.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 834477, member: 53”]Wind your neck in thraw. Smoke a joint, listen to comfortably numb and tell me it’s not genius.

You just got angry cos i used the word theatrical. I apologise.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be able to tell you it was genius because I’d have fallen asleep by the time the first chorus kicks in.

Live at Pompeii is what you want. The oul lad used to go and see it at midnight in the Ambassador on a Saturday night in the '70s, with with everyone smoking joints and drinking. That’s Floyd. Not some +100 euro farce in an enormodome named for an insurance company in D4.

Glad you had a good night all the same.

Getting a letter from your bank to say that they owe you money because they mis-sold you payment protection insurance. :slight_smile:

It’d be nicer to get the money, but a letter is good too I guess.