Things that are right

It would have been quite the coo if you’d manage to pull her.

David Hassellhoff - Rhinestone Cowboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQH-W-yBqvg

@farmerinthecity focusing on his smartphone walked straight into this Halloween decoration that was hanging from the pub ceiling earlier. It smacked him right in the gob. It was funny because farmer is tall.

Half an hour just spent wrestling/judoing/boxing with my 3 and 5 year olds in their Spider-Man and superman costumes while I was a variety of baddies.

Column in the IT sports section today calling out the GAA for allowing their clubs to be naming themselves after terrorists.

Wolfe Tones
Na Piarsaigh
All that is different is historical context.
One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

Either the GAA is a political organisation or not.

I think it is clear it is a political organisation in terms of where it has developed from. It is evolving but culturally and historically it has clear roots which link it to a certain tradition. Its trophies, its stadiums are named accordingly.

We honour our ancestors and those who have given their life for us. If that’s political then there you go, at least they don’t dis-honour their ancestors by refusing to sing our national anthem.

Rubbish.

Surely not within the remit of a supposed inclusive sporting organisation to be dabbling in such things. As for your second comment, which I presume is aimed at rugby, it’s an all-Ireland inclusive sport and as such compromises are made to accommodate all traditions and national identities. It’s a little more progressive than naming a club after an INLA thug. The INLA for fuck sake!

Expand on that.

Yeah, written by Brian O’Connor, who’s never written a decent thing in that newspaper and come across to me as a gobshite.

One of the founders of the INLA went to CBC Monkstown, so they can’t have been that bad, right tallback?

The gaa is all inclusive, and all Ireland inclusive.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 852892, member: 129”]Yeah, written by Brian O’Connor, who’s never written a decent thing in that newspaper and come across to me as a gobshite.

One of the founders of the INLA went to CBC Monkstown, so they can’t have been that bad, right tallback?[/quote]

I’d agree about O’Connor’s typical output but I thought the article was quite reasonable and measured. Plenty of clowns went to CBC Thraw (present company excluded) and without knowing him I’m going to put the INLA guy in on the basis of him setting up an illegal paramilitary force in Ireland - I’m a one army for the country type of guy.

Yeah, I’d say huge chunks of the Northern Irish Protestant community feel included all right. Way to go towards coaxing them into an All-Island republic.

Which country are you talking about, now?

Republic of Ireland Sidney.

Which army do you recognise for the six north-eastern counties?

As of the last 15 or so years, as per their and our democratic choice, the British Army. You?