Things that are right

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 978890, member: 129”]Nah, I don’t really. I’m a cynical misanthrope. About the only thing I can sell is some kind of idea that I’m a nice guy to unsuspecting women until they eventually cotton on.
I belong in a postroom, putting in a shift and then clocking off to go listen to records at night, taking drugs and drink.[/QUOTE]
Could always give it a go. Don’t be afraid to try different things. If you hate it, fair enough, move on and try something else. You are a young man with plenty of time. You will eventually fall into something that you enjoy.

I think playing my guitar on a beach somewhere far away is my best shot. I’ll be alright. Just fucking miserable today. Put my heart and soul into applying for 8 jobs last week and didn’t hear a thing yet.

Very few people get the first job they do an interview for when they’re out of work, Thraw. Keep the head up, take what you can from the experience and move on to the next one. You don’t strike me as somebody who would enjoy being a PA-I’ve never met one yet that wasn’t a sneaky, unrelenting cunt. You’re better than that, bro.

Have a bit of sense… and don’t even consider IT. You be chocking yourself with the mouse cord within the first week.
Could be time to tap up a sugar mamma for a few years again… A young divorcee that got a decent settlement maybe?

That may be down to the incompetence of HR departments. Plus interviewers availability to interview may not be instant. And it is holiday season. And it’s only Monday.

What are your qualifications bud?

Degree in History/Geography, 13 years or so of office work. The ability to play the guitar solos to multiple Neil Young tunes.
That’s about it.

All the garth brooks concerts being cancelled. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 978847, member: 129”]Bastards just emailed to say I didn’t get it.

Someone bring me some whiskey.[/QUOTE]

Hard luck thrawneen, you should take the Bernard Black approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1yYnCDFIhs

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 978978, member: 129”]Degree in History/Geography, 13 years or so of office work. The ability to play the guitar solos to multiple Neil Young tunes.
That’s about it.[/QUOTE]

Time to apply for the HDip Thraw, one of the uncles should be able to sort you out.

That what I thought too.

me too, but could not recommend teaching to anyone now.

Why not Fenway?

Can’t be arsed going into detail here. Plenty of threads here will explain why
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=621

No jobs in it as far as I can see. Can’t afford to go and do the HDip and so many people are applying they can afford to just take people with 1sts or very good 2:1s.

I applied for a job in McDonalds today. Two actually. Crew Member in Rathmines and Customer Care person in Dun Laoghaire.
I applied for 4 other office jobs as well. So far.

Put an ad up on a Facebook page for Brazilians in Ireland looking for a smoky-voiced Brazilian girl to collaborate with to play some classy venues in Dublin and make some dough. That’s probably my best bet.

The nepotism has always been there, along with the local parish priest.

Are the holidays, pension and nixer opportunities not worth it?

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 979466, member: 129”]No jobs in it as far as I can see. Can’t afford to go and do the HDip and so many people are applying they can afford to just take people with 1sts or very good 2:1s.

I applied for a job in McDonalds today. Two actually. Crew Member in Rathmines and Customer Care person in Dun Laoghaire.
I applied for 4 other office jobs as well. So far.

Put an ad up on a Facebook page for Brazilians in Ireland looking for a smoky-voiced Brazilian girl to collaborate with to play some classy venues in Dublin and make some dough. That’s probably my best bet.[/QUOTE]

What venue did you have in mind?

Well I was in the Shelbourne last Sunday morning and they had 4 lads playing some jazz standards in the corner of the bar. I was standing there thinking (I could do that). Corporate launches are good too. I was at one in the Hilton recently. 3 Mexican lads in the corner playing away. Just to get the ambience going or whatever.

Robben will not win a wotld cup the horrible fuck.

The scene in Alfie (04 version) with Sienna Miller wearing a pair of furry boots, a g-string and a fag in her teeth. Magnificent.