Things that are right

That should be in the “Things that are fucking fantastic” thread

Ditto.

Wrestlemania XXV…

And less than 10mins to go now…

http://www.barbspics.com/feel/i_emotion/clipart/Anxious.jpg

thinly veiled “fried chicken is great comfort food just before i weep myself to sleep after another fruitless night on the pull” post by pukey there

[quote=“The Puke”]Good news, Good news!

Ger Loughnane is to return to the Sunday game for the Championship this summer…

Pat Spillane is to stop hosting the sunday game highlighs and will return as an analyst…[/quote]

This is by no means right but Des Cahill has got the Sunday Game gig.

you serious

Heard it on the news earlier.

Great news, Cahill is an alright sort*.

*Unlike another Cahill i know.

Would be fairly happy with that. He was excellent on that road to croker show and his gaa radio shows were always very good. Beats the hell out of Joanne Cantwell and Evanne whatever.

Disappointing enough but an absolutely massive leap forward from Spillane anyway. Cahill knows his stuff about hurling too at least.

Ah that Cahill is an awful prick. I know Farmer posted it here because it’s relevant but that gombeen should be nowhere near the Things That are Right thread.

And to see him being defended… my heart breaks.

[quote=“therock67”]Ah that Cahill is an awful prick. I know Farmer posted it here because it’s relevant but that gombeen should be nowhere near the Things That are Right thread.

And to see him being defended… my heart breaks.[/quote]

Jayz wouldn’t call him a prick-not the best of presenters as I said I’m disappointed enough that he got it but he’ll know what he’s talking about at least unlike Spillane, Cantwell and N Chuillin.

Why is he a prick Rock?

[quote=“Pikeman”]Jayz wouldn’t call him a prick-not the best of presenters as I said I’m disappointed enough that he got it but he’ll know what he’s talking about at least unlike Spillane, Cantwell and N Chuillin.

Why is he a prick Rock?[/quote]

He is a smarmy, smug, chuckling, heavy breathing, spluttering, fat oaf of a man who belongs on Up For the Match not on the Sunday Game.

His “interviewing” style is a joke. He wants to be pals with everyone. The tagline for his radio show boasts that it’s not a “the haven for the anoraks. We have had the surfers, the womens rugby players, the Irish sumo wrestler and the greats too.”

That’s what Des is all about. Low-brow, low-level, low-intellect, low-interest discussions on the innane, the trivial and the irrelevant.

Hate the cunt.

[quote=“therock67”]He is a smarmy, smug, chuckling, heavy breathing, spluttering, fat oaf of a man who belongs on Up For the Match not on the Sunday Game.

His “interviewing” style is a joke. He wants to be pals with everyone. The tagline for his radio show boasts that it’s not a “the haven for the anoraks. We have had the surfers, the womens rugby players, the Irish sumo wrestler and the greats too.”

That’s what Des is all about. Low-brow, low-level, low-intellect, low-interest discussions on the innane, the trivial and the irrelevant.

Hate the cunt.[/quote]

Hmmm, well I remember listening to his show during the GAA 150 years celebrations and he had a special GAA quiz on, the questions of which were unbelievably difficult. My oul lad was stumped for a lot of them and he’d know quite a bit.

He also read out a text I sent in on behalf of my da regarding Limerick’s European tie with Real Madrid in 1980.

I like Des.

[SIZE=“1”](He’s also a member of my local GAA club)[/SIZE]

Des Cahill is an all right sort. Knows his hurling and follows West Ham. Good egg

my first impressions on hearing this were not good, Cahill will not push the boundaries and will skirt around the issues wishing to offend no one, he will be the opposite of Spillane if you like.
I dont think its a good appointment for this show.

however, who else?

[quote=“therock67”]He is a smarmy, smug, chuckling, heavy breathing, spluttering, fat oaf of a man who belongs on Up For the Match not on the Sunday Game.

Hate the cunt.[/quote]

As I said, disappointed he got the gig for pretty much the reasons in your first sentence. Wouldn’t hate him though. Knows his stuff. I could end up hating him though after his stint on The Sunday Game.

Maybe we’re losing sight of everything here lads. Its not the presenters job to be controversial or to have in depth knowledge of everything. Some of the best presenters of shows like this are best remembered for doing nothing. Their job is to get the pundits talking. If the presenter is taking over the show then its a bad thing. Michael Lyster will very rarely say anything memorable after a game but he will get the other lads talking. I think Cahill will be able to achieve this better than Spillane would.

Agree with that. Look at Billo for example. I think he is a superb presenter - on the athletics as well.

to be fair to Dessie cahill, he was superb for the rugby homecoming gig.