Things that are right

Gene Hunt would have cashed the book token in for a litre of powers and twenty sweet aftons, not gone to the chief super about it. :slight_smile:

Sitting in the new gaf (rural old refurbished cottage) with U2 Rattle & Hum record playing on the 40 year old record player the auld lad have us. And having a beer waiting to go in the piss with old mates.
Awesome.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1060001, member: 273”]Sitting in the new gaf (rural old refurbished cottage) with U2 Rattle & Hum record playing on the 40 year old record player the auld lad have us. And having a beer waiting to go in the piss with old mates.
Awesome.[/QUOTE]
Enjoy.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1059898, member: 1170”]The gard in London that helped find the brother when he went missing, my folks sent him a thank you letter and a book token for a couple of hundred. About two weeks later they had a letter back from his chief superintendent, thanking them but saying that he could not accept the token, which was enclosed back to them.
This lad went right out on a limb. About nine months or so aftermy bro went missing, the gard contacted my sister telling her that whilst officially he was not allowed to say anything, my brothers bank statements showed that just after he had gone , his card had been used twice in a pub north of London, and " it might be worth checking out". I drove through the night from Glasgow, went to the pub, and he was in behind the bar working. It was around this time of year and I’m almost in tears typing this, seeing him alive and well. Ill never ever forget looking in the window with my oldest pal along for support. Didn’t even go in that evening, but was able to ring my folks and brothers and sisters that he was alive and looked well. I’d have no love for the English police, but that man deserves to be in the things that are right thread. Fuck me I have hardly ever told this to anyone before. I’m welling up here. Must be the accumulated drink.[/QUOTE]

Wow Flatty that is some story. If you don’t mind me asking how did your brother react when you walked into the pub?

DB saying he’ll see us all in Fowlers in Malahide tomorrow at 5 and not in the leisure centre bar in Portmarnock.

Getting a Christmas Present from a renowned TFK poster :clap:

Joe.ie is a cunt of a website, but if tfk members are getting kudos on it, then who am I to complain. Great commentary from one of our own.

http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-legendary-gaa-commentary-from-the-wexford-intermediate-football-final/479414

Just about to have my 4th Turkey/ham dinner of the season… I’m well warmed up for the main event

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1060040, member: 112”]Joe.ie is a cunt of a website, but if tfk members are getting kudos on it, then who am I to complain. Great commentary from one of our own.

http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-legendary-gaa-commentary-from-the-wexford-intermediate-football-final/479414[/QUOTE]
Wonderful scenes.
@count of monte cristo[/USER] [USER=1757]@gaamad1996 :clap::clap::clap:

I knocked today out of the park. Superb daddy, did yoga, had a nutribullet, got a haircut and flowers for the good lady, beat the bookies, did jobs for the ould pair, had the gaff spotless and the kids fed laughing when the good lady came home. And to top it all off, i’m off to town to see damo!
Winner!

That really is a long and personal story. Ill think on it some. I think he was relieved beneath all the bluster.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1060077, member: 53”]I knocked today out of the park. Superb daddy, did yoga, had a nutribullet, got a haircut and flowers for the good lady, beat the bookies, did jobs for the ould pair, had the gaff spotless and the kids fed laughing when the good lady came home. And to top it all off, i’m off to town to see damo!
Winner![/QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap:
Off to blaze the face off myself in thanks to Bayan.

Didn’t mean to pry Flatty apologies if iv put you on the spot

No you haven’t at all. Ill explain all but it will take a while. It was a post on the suicide thread that brought it to the surface again, it seems like a lifetime ago, and yesterday at the same time.

Just saw an add for a Charlie mini series on RTE. Wow, just wow, it’s going to be epic

4th January mate. Looking forward to it. Half the cunts on here are too young to remember him in his pomp.

And one of the lads on here will be starring* in it.

• appearing frequently anyway.

The greatest of them all. How I yearn for a man of his calibre to lead our country again

Is it Aiden Gillen that is playing him. Done a great job as Tommy Carcettii

Have seen some of the trailers… I am not sure he has the charisma for the role.