Things that are right

I remember driving home from work the night before his funeral. The gardai had barriers up from marino to coolock for the crowds they expected. The next day the news reports were embarrassed by how few turned out. A final indignation for the man who above all fucked up our nation.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1061057, member: 53”]
I remember driving home from work the night before his funeral. The gardai had barriers up from marino to coolock for the crowds they expected. The next day the news reports were embarrassed by how few turned out. A final indignation for the man who above all fucked up our nation.[/QUOTE]
My brother got married in Adare a couple of years before Charlie died. He (Charlie) must have been staying in the hotel the same night. Following morning when there were four or five of us milling around outside, he comes out the door and waves as though there was some massive crowd of well-wishers greeting him. He clearly wasn’t a well man at that stage. It was on many levels the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen.

He was truly a humble and kind man, sure you’d barely notice him, such was his modesty.[/QUOTE]

Disagree here @Fitzy. Haughey was very much a yes/no man, incapable of finding common ground. An intransigent fucker in all his dealings. Any ideas that he was in anyway part of the “Agreement” goes against his so-called ideals. Haughey, while doing some good things, was an all-out mé-feiner, talked the talk but couldn’t walk the walk.
Albert Reynolds made the Agreement, even if it took Bertie to carry it through.

Disagree here @Fitzy. Haughey was very much a yes/no man, incapable of finding common ground. An intransigent fucker in all his dealings. Any ideas that he was in anyway part of the “Agreement” goes against his so-called ideals. Haughey, while doing some good things, was an all-out mé-feiner, talked the talk but couldn’t walk the walk.
Albert Reynolds made the Agreement, even if it took Bertie to carry it through.[/QUOTE]
Bit of a coding problem there Boxty, the part you highlighted was written by @Tassotti . A ridiculous statement, Charlie had nothing whatsoever to do with the GFA, Reynolds was the architect of that. Haughey was scared shitless of Thatcher. The uber cunt of all cunts, his place is sealed in history without a doubt. I’d imagine this drama on RTE will not paint a pretty picture of him.

Two tickets for Celtic v Rangers on 1st February confirmed today courtesy of the good people in C&C.

I remember driving home from work the night before his funeral. The gardai had barriers up from marino to coolock for the crowds they expected. The next day the news reports were embarrassed by how few turned out. A final indignation for the man who above all fucked up our nation.[/QUOTE]

nonsense, he was a great man

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1061072, member: 236”]Disagree here @Fitzy. Haughey was very much a yes/no man, incapable of finding common ground. An intransigent fucker in all his dealings. Any ideas that he was in anyway part of the “Agreement” goes against his so-called ideals. Haughey, while doing some good things, was an all-out mé-feiner, talked the talk but couldn’t walk the walk.
Albert Reynolds made the Agreement, even if it took Bertie to carry it through.[/QUOTE]
Bit of a coding problem there Boxty, the part you highlighted was written by @Tassotti . A ridiculous statement, Charlie had nothing whatsoever to do with the GFA, Reynolds was the architect of that. Haughey was scared shitless of Thatcher. The uber cunt of all cunts, his place is sealed in history without a doubt. I’d imagine this drama on RTE will not paint a pretty picture of him.[/QUOTE]you blue shirt bastard. There would have been no gfa except for Charlie Haughey

[ATTACH=full]2093[/ATTACH] Listening to this beauty. Check out the price tag.

Drinking pints with the oul lad and his cousin. Best thing about coming home.

Hope you enjoy every minute of it @Declan Moffat

I will flatty, don’t you worry! Have 8 days at home and will savour it. Although the early flight to manc is not going to be pretty. Spending new year in Preston of all places!

Was listening to the very same collection earlier. One amazing track after another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrzRB-40AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kayfjq636gg

What’s with the computer voiced narrator?

The aul fella is 80 and got a new Samsung tablet few months ago. I was setting up Skype for him and clicked on Internet.

Most visited site in his history is www.rip.ie

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1061521, member: 2272”]The aul fella is 80 and got a new Samsung tablet few months ago. I was setting up Skype for him and clicked on Internet.

Most visited site in his history is www.rip.ie[/QUOTE]
Could have been a whole lot worse

Same with my ould fella TUM

that and Donedeal

If you get stranded drop me a PM. Live near the airport.

You’d like to think so,but that is one tenuous extrapolation after another, unfortunately.

This could be in right or wrong. I hate calling into older relatives this time of year, they really act the cunt when pouring a glass of whiskey, filling it right up to the top. There would be at least 7 or 8 shots in it. And then they make you stay for another one. It’s fair enough driving with a good few pints in you, but it’s a different story with a load of whiskey in you. You could kill someone ffs