Things that are right

I’d go for Raiders.

Me too

http://www.movpins.com/big/MV5BMTgwNTIxMDk0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ4MzczMw/still-of-karen-allen-in-jakten-på-den-försvunna-skatten-(1981)-large-picture.jpg

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1062744, member: 246”]I know this is probably incredible to many but it happened today around 4 bells. We were having a few pints in the local and bumped into an emigree whom I hadn’t seen in years.
Convivial conversation, rounds called for and replicated and then he says “Can we have a word”…No bother says I, any problems. We’ll go for a smoke says himself.

Cue narrative:

Many years ago he says, Boxty Mór lent me £100, I went to England and truth to tell never paid him back. Now I understand I’m in the wrong, he may never have told you about it and I understand you have your own problems at this time. Here’s the worth of the money involved as best as I can afford it, and will you give the priest a lock of pounds for a Mass for all their souls. There’s €400 here, it’s the best I can do at the minute before breaking out in sobs.
I forced €100 back on him and said I’d cover the priest. I was embarrassed, sad, happy that he’d sorted himself out and deeply contented that one of our own had such humanity and humility to quench his inner demons.

I’m feeling good about it and I’ll bet he is too.[/QUOTE]
To know that your dad was the kind of man who would lend another start up money abroad, knowing fairly well it might never be repaid, has in itself repaid that debt a hundred times. To know his faith in humanity was not misplaced adds to the credit.
What a truly lovely story.

Last crusader is one of my all time favourite films.

Hot whiskeys : clap

:rolleyes::eek::mad::oops:

Indiana jones and the last crusader. “The pen is mightier than the sword”. :clap:

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1062803, member: 1170”]To know that your dad was the kind of man who would lend another start up money abroad, knowing fairly well it might never be repaid, has in itself repaid that debt a hundred times. To know his faith in humanity was not misplaced adds to the credit.
What a truly lovely story.[/QUOTE]

Your a wise wise man Flatty. Nail on head above

Based on what I’ve read previously I look forward to sharing a pint with his wife while you have that pint with him.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1062744, member: 246”]I know this is probably incredible to many but it happened today around 4 bells. We were having a few pints in the local and bumped into an emigree whom I hadn’t seen in years.
Convivial conversation, rounds called for and replicated and then he says “Can we have a word”…No bother says I, any problems. We’ll go for a smoke says himself.

Cue narrative:

Many years ago he says, Boxty Mór lent me £100, I went to England and truth to tell never paid him back. Now I understand I’m in the wrong, he may never have told you about it and I understand you have your own problems at this time. Here’s the worth of the money involved as best as I can afford it, and will you give the priest a lock of pounds for a Mass for all their souls. There’s €400 here, it’s the best I can do at the minute before breaking out in sobs.
I forced €100 back on him and said I’d cover the priest. I was embarrassed, sad, happy that he’d sorted himself out and deeply contented that one of our own had such humanity and humility to quench his inner demons.

He seems like an utter spastic. As do you. Fucking boggers.

Mmm…taking €300 off the village idiot should be in the things that are wrong thread…

Things that are right; country lads having different morals to townies

Santa’s little helper.

Litre of Diesel 119.8 at Applegreen, Passage Cross, Waterford, this morning. Same price at Applegreen on the Naas dual carriageway yesterday. Applegreen are having a 5 day fuel sale.

Should that not be things that are wrong? In that you have to choose?

Depends if you’re a glass half empty or a glass half full man.

Cue narrative:

Lucky you didn’t have @Kinvara’s Passion with you. He would have taken the €400 then robbed the battery from the poor lads car on the way out.

Cue narrative:

That is good, I’ll raise a pint to goodness like that :pint:

Ah I have good memories of the tequila song there of a Stephens night as a young buck all the same.